1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

anyone stayed in Aria 1 bed sky suite tower?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Debh, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for information on this suite compared to Aria panoramic corner suite.
    Thanks so much

cheers Deb:nworthy:

2. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in both the corner panoramic suite, as well as the Sky Suite 2 BR penthouse suite. Here are a few differences:
    • Sky Suite is much bigger. While it's only a few hundred sq feet more, the layout makes it seem much bigger.
    • Related to above, the ceilings are higher in the room in the Sky Suite (not talking about the Villas which are massive - just that the ceilings are 1-2 feet higher).
    • Sky Suite has its own tower, check in, concierge, elevators.
    • Airport limo pickup/dropoff included with Sky Suites.
    • Windows/view are bigger in the panoramic suite. (Depends what you're facing in either suite anyway - both have City view vs. Mountain view.)
    • Bathroom much larger in Sky Suite, and includes a steam shower.

Hope this is the type of feedback you were looking for.
    TRN

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  3. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks TRN

Thats great info for me.

We usually get panoramic corner suite in reg tower.
    They say they have upgraded us to 1 bedroom sky suite so was curious if it was a lot better or not
    thanks

Any other feedback?

4. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same nice bed, just a more luxurious and attentive experience. Getting the limo pickup taking you directly to the private check-in is pretty cool by itself... and having your own private elevator means rarely waiting behind a crowd to get back to your room at the busy times of day. You've got a dedicated concierge as well, utilize them for making reservations to shows and dinner...

5. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    do you know where the floor levels start in this tower?
    We love being up higher.
    I understand there is a free area for coffee and treats?

6. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Sky Suites lounge is down near the private check-in, they put coffee and pastry out in the morning, and some drinks / snacks at certain times of day. Only really used it on the way in and the way out, but if you are a coffee drinker it may be nice.

The floor #'s start at 30-something I believe, going through the high 50's, in the Sky Suites tower.

7. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TRN

Thanks so much.:nworthy:

Sounds like it will actually be an upgrade for us after all from our usual suite.

8. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife just reminded me the Sky Suites Concierge Lounge (ground floor very near the private check in area) also had bottles of fancy stuff we could grab - all kinds of bottled water, fruit juice, soda. I was usually so hungover when we went through there that I couldn't even remember!

Yes I feel this is an upgrade for sure.

9. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info
    thanks so much, can hardly wait
    31 days and counting

10. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The lounge area closes around 11 pm--it's still available to sit in, but all the drinks and snacks are removed. In the evening, you can get a glass of wine or beer. I haven't seen any hard liquor here though.

11. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The got rid of the liqour!?
    Last time I stayed in the Sky Suites in 2010, they had liqour in the top cabinet above the snacks. Grey Goose ,Johnnie Black, and others.

12. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excuse me for hijacking, but I'm thinking of asking my host for a skysuite instead of a cornersuite but I'm worried that it would be much harder to comp off.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the wine and coffee served in the lounge? Are pastries and fruit the only thing available? No other light snacks?

13. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the transition from corner suite to sky suite would depend on your level of play.

Everything served in the lounge is top quality. In addition to pastries and fruit, they also serve wine, chocolate dipped strawberries and cheese in the evening. There are little refrigerators built into the serving bar where you can get various juices, water and soda as well, and those beverages are available 24/7 as long as the supply lasts.

14. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually stay in a Sky Suite but this past September tried a panoramic corner suite. The Sky Suite is much bigger and I do love the limo transport to and from the airport as well as the lounge with complimentary coffee and snacks.

However, I actually liked the bathroom in the panoramic suite much better - I hate the placement of the tub in the sky suite, smack dab in the middle of the bathroom. The main bathroom in the sky suite is much bigger but the panoramic corner suite bathroom is more practical and nicer IMO with the floor to ceiling glass windows and the view. I had a panoramic corner suite with a partial view of the Bellagio fountains and could see all around from the Strip to the rear mountains. The Sky Suite views are very nice but not as impressive since there is not as much glass...

15. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just returned again from a 5 night stay in a one bedroom Sky Suite on the 56th floor.
    There are three floors above that which are the Sky Villas.
    I believe the suites start on floor 38 and go to 56.
    My view was great of the South Strip including planes taking off and landing at the airport.

I have stayed in the Sky Suites 5 times and in a Panoramic Corner Suite 3 times.

As TRN said,it is a more attentive and luxurious experience.

We drink a lot of coffee and water so it is a major convenience to have complimentary coffee and water at the bottom of the elevator.I often get coffee and work on my IPad early in the room for an hour(east coast time and wake up at 4:30-5 am).
    Walking from a corner suite and then waiting in line for coffee and then hiking back to a corner suite is a journey.

There is never a line for the elevator and rarely for check in.
    JR7110 said the views are better from the Panoramic Corner Suites.That can be true depending on what corner you are placed in.Aira's layout provides multiple corners.
    I have had views of the Cosmo west tower and that's about all I could see.That room gave me sound effects from Cosmo's nightclub Thur-Sun until 4am.
    Aria has aknowledged that problem but can't do anything about it.
    I have freiends that have received extra comps because of the noise factor.
    If you are going for a Panoramic Corner I suggest you ask for one in the corner closer to Monte Carlo.
    The overall difference in rooms is the Sky Suites are larger.
    The living room is a little tight in the Panoramic Corners.There is a pole in the middle of the room where the TV is mounted.
    Bottom line is both rooms are very nice with Sky Suites having a few amenties that I really enjoy.

16. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much for the info Nittany1
    They have just upgraded our New Years Visit there as well so very excited.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply :nworthy:

cheers Deb

17. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun.I received the NYE party invitation a couple weeks ago.
    We were planning to go again but our friends scratched so we are doing the party in AC this year.
    The NYE party at ARIA is by far, the best I have ever attended.
    Nothing is even close and I have been to many NYE parties in Las Vegas.

18. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They just upgraded us to a Penthouse 1 bedroom.
    I feel like I have died and made it to Heaven lol

19. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats Debh. Just out of curiousity, how are you finding out about these "upgrades"? Your host?

20. Debh

Debh Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Goosey.

The whole story actually started with a complaint to ceo after complaints that were handled beyond poorly.
    I can tell you after talking with him and how he has dealt with this I think he is very caring and wants to know guests are treated very well.
    They have told me directly.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.