1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Longest & Shortest Trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by blackjacknut, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What has been your longest trip and shortest trip to Vegas. My longest is my upcoming trip of 11 days and my shortest trip was 7 days.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ongest trip: 6 nights. Shortest: 1 night (my first trip, actually)

I Need Spa
  3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortest - about 24 hrs

Longest - 4 days

4. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My longest was six nights. (Got home form that one at 1AM this morning) My shortest was 34 hours, including the flights to and from Ohio.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortest was 3 nights. Longest was (I think) 10, just like the trip coming up!

6. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortest, 48 hours on the ground... Did it back on July 31 at the last minute with a really good deal on airfare. Longest? Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I am on my longest Vegas trip right now! Just extended from 7 nights to 10. Woohoo!

7. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortest: 1 night.

Longest: 9 nights on a trip that was scheduled for 5 nights, then got stuck in Vegas another 4 nights due to a huge snowstorm in Denver right before Christmas 2006.

8. dernsky

dernsky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    longest is about 5 days, we go to vegas for one night quite often(the wife works for an airline):beer:

9. BKCallaway83

BKCallaway83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Longest 5 days.
    Shortest 14 hours including 7 hrs of driving from and to los angeles. Halloween party at Hard Rock a few years ago.

10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on my longest trip right now. 7 nights. I'm not sure my poor liver will make it. :wink2:

My shortest was 2 nights. One that was short, but felt long... 4 hotels in 4 days. Way too much time moving hotels every day.

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All 3 trips so far have been 4 nights, 4th trip next month- another 4 nighter. Next february for my wedding will be 7 nights. Some like longer trips, others say 4 nights is about right. I guess next february I will find out.

12. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I used to travel to Vegas my trips last between two or three days and not longer. Three days would be ideal really. There was one trip in 2011 where it was a three day trip but I shortened it to only to a day and a half. This was because my winnings exceeded my target and I just want to get the hell out of dodge. If not I might get that itch to increase my profit and in most cases I would probably give it all back and lose my bankroll too.

13. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Longest was 7 days. Shortest was 5 days. I can't see going to Vegas for anything less than 5 days.

The flight to Vegas is 5+ hrs. for me. Not worth going less days unless it is free....

14. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    longest was 5 nights, twice. the first time i was ready to leave 1 day before. the second time we had only planned to stay 4 nights, but decided to stay an extra night because of a tournament i was in. but after 5 nights i was ready to get home.

shortest is coming up this week. only 2 nights because i'll be back next week. would have done just 1 night, but that just isn't long enough for anything with the flights taking up most of the traveling days.

15. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We took a couple of ten day trips in the 80's.

Our shortest was in 1996. We took our son on a three night trip when Vegas was trying to be family friendly.

16. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortest - 10 nights
    Longest - 14 nights

Flying from Scotland I certainly wouldnt go any shorter than a week but our next trip is ideal at 11 nights, weve done 11 nights twice now, perfect :nworthy:

17. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing is ever easy with me...

Shortest on purpose - 2006 Super Bowl weekend, arrived at 9:00 AM Saturday and left at 10:00 PM after the game on Sunday.

Shortest on accident - On a layover on from Reno / Vegas / Phoenix / Milwaukee, they asked for a bump volunteer in Vegas. I got a direct flight to Milwaukee, dinner, a $400 voucher AND six hours in Las Vegas.

Longest only in Vegas - Six days in 2009 for a bowling tournament in which I was also tour guide for my parents and sisters.

Longest overall trip - Seven days, of which three were in Vegas, three in Reno and one last day in Las Vegas.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  18. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortest: This week - 9 hours. Straight business. No fun at all except for a couple of good glasses of wine.
    Longest: 7 days on a combo business / pleasure trip. That was a tough one, I actually slept during the pleasure part of the trip. :)

19. bubbamsu

bubbamsu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Longest was 6 nights
    shortest was 3 nights

most are 4 nights

my body can't take anything over 4 nights any more

20. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My shortest trip was 6 hours. I had a layover on a flight from Vancouver to Florida after we finished an Alaska to Vancouver cruise. I met friends at Caesars for drinks and some quick gambling.

I had another trip that was about 14 hours. Got in at 7 PM, had a flight out the next morning at 7 AM after driving in from California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.