1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife October Changes, Update on TC and EC

Discussion in 'Comps' started by UKFanatic, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from a four night stay at Bellagio. It was my first trip since the new mlife rules went into effect. With the information circulating a few weeks ago about what percentage of comps are primary versus express, I thought I would share what I learned from this trip:

I played almost exclusively table games. Have no idea what my average bet was (I was all over the place), but I would estimate that I played 10-12 hours over the four days, which resulted in earning 400,000 tier credits. I also recevied approximately $1000 in express comps.

Last night of the trip, I sought out my host and asked him if my play warranted the Bellagio pivking uo my room charges (think I had about $800 in food and beverage charges and $200 in spa costs). The host indicated that he had already done that for me. I thanked him and we chatted for a bit. He mentioned that I had done well this trip and I admitted to him that I had wished my loss last month at Venetian had been at an MGM hotel. if I was going to lose, I at least wanted one of my MGM hosts to get some credit for it. he shook his head and said it didn't matter if I won or lost. His personal bottom line was just based on my coming in to gamble (which I took to mean my theo).

When I checked out this morning, I found out the host had not taken care of the spa charges. But no big deal, I just paid for it with my express comps.

I Need Spa
  2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. That's very good information.

3. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So if shifter is correct earning $1000 in EC means you earned $7000 in primary comps. Would you say your avg bet was around $1000 a hand? Over all how did you feel about the EC you earned this trip vs under the old rules?

My next trip planned is dec/jan over new years. Hoping to play 3-4 hrs a day at $250-$350 avg. hopefully that still gets all of my room Charles and such picked up.

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i actually just talked to my host about this last night. actual loss does have an effect on their numbers, but with as many players as a typical host has, it usually evens out. for example my host was talking about how one of his players lost 600k last week. i said, that should make a good month for you. he said, not really, another player won 300k last week and another player won 200k plus some other smaller wins and i'm about even for the month. that's why actual loss doesn't really mean anything to them. unless a bunch of their big players just get creamed all at the same time, it evens out.

theo is where they make their bonuses and stuff because there's no way to take away their theo, it just keeps adding up. so it's much better for your host if you put in tons of hours and pump up the theo even if you make a big winner.

it would make it easier if you got your actual theo number from your host, but based on your TCs, i think your theo was about 13k. that would mean 1k ECs is about 8% of theo. i've heard anywhere between 5% and 13% as the new percentage, but one of my hosts told me ECs were now 8% and that jives. but if you got your theo number from your host, we could know for sure.

however, i will say that with 13k theo, you earned over 5k in total comps. unless you were in a Lakeview Pent, with only $800 in F&B, you're way underutilizing your primary comps.

5. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually I have a pretty good sense of my average bet, but no clue from this trip. I started at $100 on Friday night and by Monday I was betting.....well, what was the answer in Money Never Sleeps when the hero asks the bad guy what's his number: more!

Wish I could be more help. But I did notice that the EC I accumulated were significantly less than under the old system (no surprise there). I definitely wagered at least as much and probably more than my trip in August and I earned more than two times as much EC back then.

I earn enough to get everything I want and have plenty left over, so the reduced EC is not a big deal to me, but I can definitely see how it sucks if you play at a level where the EC is basically all the comps you're going to get and use on a trip (i.e., the level I played at for years!)

I Need Spa
  6. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were you mostly playing baccarat?

I would think that we would earn roughly the same comps under this new system it's just being distributed less evenly and in a less bankable form. A 10k theo would still result in 4k worth of comps...now we have to track down our host to get our room charges taken care of and what not.

7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This trip was probably about 70% baccarat

I Need Spa
  8. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your host probably did take care of the charges but someone screwed up along the chain. It seems to happen to me quite often for some reason, but that could be because I like to gamble up to the last minute before I need to checkout and go to the host office then.

Anyhow, last time I was Aria I was there when the host was on the phone telling a person on the other line to pick up all charges. When I checked the monitor screen for my bill just before I checked out, I noticed that only 3/4 of the host's instructions were fulfilled. I had to checkout so I called my host at the airport and that was taken care of. So ya chances are if your hosts said that the spa charges were taken care of he probably thought that he did and just failed to follow up.

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hadn't thought of that. I assumed he had just told them to take care of all the food and beverage charges and never even noticed that I had charged the spa to the room. Either way, no big deal. The food and beverage charges on this trip were actually way more than I usually make because I was entertaining guests. A couple hundred bucks out of my express comps won't make a dent in what I have saved up.

Of course, it does mean I am $200 in express comps further away from my private showing of Fantasy at Luxor for me and 50 non-existent friends. I know the ladies of Fantasy will be sorely disappointed.....

I Need Spa
  10. Goosey

Goosey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I exist! :wave:

11. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could twist my arm to attend a private showing of Fantasy. Holy shit some of those girls are amazing.

12. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's more likely. spa charges are in a separate folio that isn't automatically comped unless he specifically looks at that and picks it up. when i have spa charges i always check with my host about those in particular because i know he has to look at those separately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.