1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo Fab or Bally's South Tower

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jimshan, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimshan

jimshan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    heading out in December, looking for cheap, decent rooms. Familiar with both hotels, so question is on the rooms, as price is equal. Heard south tower rooms have great views, and the regular fab does not, although they are refurbished. We are in our 40's if that makes a difference. So if your familiar with either rooms, give me the lowdown. Thanks:beer:

2. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My suggestion

Is to book Ballys; the South Tower is VERY dated but they do have great strip views. I would recommend using the "$20 trick" when you check in--sandwich a folded 20 between your ID & credit card & politely ask if there are any north tower rooms with a nice view available. Ballys is very generous with upgrades & if there is availability (which is very likely in December), you will get the upgrade. We have booked south tower for years & only on a very busy weekend didn't get the upgrade.
    North tower had a reno in 2004 & are nicer than FAB rooms (that just got paint, carpet & linens--not a full reno). Now it won't be strip views, but we have had nice mountain views. Avoid overlooking Flamingo--can be noisy.

3. BCguy

BCguy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny I stay at ballys quite often and although i usually book south tower rooms we always seem to get upgraded to the north tower without even asking. Will be there again on Sunday. We'll see.

4. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is your FAB room view or non view? If it is view, you may be able to just ask for a higher floor with a southern view (ending 024, 026? - that area) and get a very nice view.

For Ballys I consider the NT to be so far back - I know some people have had views from there but odds are a lot better in asking for a ST with a great view & just living with the older room if view is super important. (And of course not all ST rooms have a fountain view).

Just read a TR where the poster very much enjoyed their FAB room. Even liked the chaise lounge - said theirs was very comfortable. Said bathroom of course was not remodeled but was very clean & had everything you needed in a bathroom.

5. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I wouldnt waste the $20, esp if you are a total rewards member. However, if you really want a decent room use the $20 and ask for a jr. suite on one of the platinum floors. Nice and big rooms.

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree

I am usually upgraded without asking as well, but want to be sure OP gets it.
    Junior Suite--South tower one is still sorely dated. That $20 could be just the ticket to get the North tower one, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.