1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Back to back weekends?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by nubia11, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone done back to back leisure travel weekends to Las Vegas? Too much, great? What was your experience?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm doing it kinda as we speak... was there last weekend for the Nevada/UNLV football game (Fri-Sun) and will head back Sun. to Wed. of this upcoming week. To be fair, most of this trip is business with an early start on Monday, hence the Sunday arrival...but I'll go in early Sunday to watch/bet the games and play some BJ & VP. I also get my fill of "fun" after returning from my meetings about 4 p.m. on Mon. & Tues.

I love the town and it's a short 1 hour flight for me, so the quick return is easy. This Sunday is the last day for ReHab 2012, so there'll be lots of beautiful "scenery" wandering the property!

3. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done it. Technically they were both work trips but I had literally about an hours worth of meetings on two mondays in a row and took the next day off so I arrived Sunday, had a meeting Monday and left Tuesday night. So other than an hour on Monday they were leisure trips. I probably wouldn't do it if airfare and hotel were on my own dime but I gotta tell ya, it was freaking awesome. It's a long flight for me so two night trips aren't my usual length but like I said, the company was paying the bill so I was happy.

Not sure what your specific question is, like i said, seems silly if it's on your own dime, just take one trip and extend it a couple days. Unless you live like an hour away by car but that really doesn't count.

4. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have never done back to back Vegas, but years ago, (back when cars drove on Fremont), we did Vegas one weekend, Reno the next.

We went to downtown Vegas on a weekend (my first time to Vegas after at least 20 trips to Reno) and we weren't able to get enough table time as most limits were too high for us and the low limit tables were too crowded. We went home feeling we hadn't really done any gambling. We quickly booked a trip to Reno for the upcoming weekend and had a great time. Funny thing - we both played mainly BJ back then and saw at least 2 other players we'd seen in Vegas the previous weekend. We felt like we were part of the circuit!:beer:

I was 20 years younger then, and it made for a fun vacation and a great story. I doubt I'd be able to handle the pace now. I just wouldn't have the energy for the second trip.

That being said, my husband just came back from Vegas 2 weeks ago and we're going again next week so I guess it all depends on your enthusiasm. And bankroll:beer:

If your feeling up for it, I'd say Go For It!

5. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did back to back Vegas leisure trips last January. My reasoning was this: the second weekend was a trip I was doing with a buddy who was a Vegas virgin, which meant there wouldn't be much time for me to gamble sine I'd be showing him around a lot. So I flew out the weekend before on a solo trip to do my gambling so that I wouldn't miss not gambling much on the trip with my buddy.
    I enjoyed both trips as a result.
    It's only a 75 minute flight to Vegas for me. The solo trip was a Friday afternoon to Sunday early evening trip. The trip with my buddy the following weekend was a Friday night to Monday night trip, over the long weekend of MLK day.

6. Vladimir

Vladimir Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't done it in the traditional sense but there was a time I left Vegas on a Monday and was in town for about 8 hours exactly a week later for a plane changeover. Arrived about 10pm and left at 7am Tuesday. Didn't bother getting a room just stayed in The STRAT poker room until I had to head to the airport. At one point I did try to book a later flight but it worked out as too expensive.

7. jackpot22

jackpot22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did a back t back trip with A.C. And Vegas. Atlantic city one weekend and the next weekend Vegas fun fun fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.