1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BJ Comps Aria vs Bellagio

Discussion in 'Comps' started by nygambler88, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Everyone -

Will be making my first trip out to Vegas since being legally allowed to gamble and will be staying at the Bellagio. I'll be out there for 4 days in November and the majority of my play will be blackjack at $50 per hand (maybe mix in $100 depending on winnings) and was wondering if it would be wiser to focus my play at the Bellagio or if Aria is more generous to table players? I should average about 4-6 hours a day and I appreciate any advice/personal experiences you could share.

2. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria has sensors in the table which track the number of hands you actually play. So if you like to "sit out a few" sometimes to get rated for play you don't make, you'd be better off at Bellagio. Otherwise, I think you'll find their generosity the same since the comp formula is corporate-wide.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would generally agree with Jack. I don't play much BJ anymore, but both Aria and Bellagio are owned by the same company. The rating formula is the same at both properties. If you're wanting to get more bang for your comp buck, you would be wiser to step down a tier (MGM, Mandalay Bay, Mirage) or two (NYNY, Monte Carlo) where $50 play is more valued.

Has Aria put in sensors at all of their tables? I thought they were just ntesting it ou on a few tables?

I Need Spa
  4. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, I had considered jumping a tier down as that level of play just isn't that high in the eyes of the Bellagio and Aria. I am new to the MLife system, will I be able to use any express comps earned playing at say MGM, at the Bellagio where I will be staying?

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    playing at MGM while you're staying at Bellagio won't do you any good. what the other poster was talking about was staying at a lower tier property like MGM instead of Bellagio where your comps will go farther. if you're staying at Bellagio, you're much better off playing there. first of all, it's right there you don't have to go all the way down the strip. second, when you ask a host to look at your play at the end of your trip to see if you can get any comps, Bellagio play will be much more favored than play at one of the other Mlife properties.

6. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Shifter, that's what I was originally thinking that it would be wiser to play where I'm staying beyond just the convenience aspect but I had heard the money may go further at lower tier properties.

From experience do you know what I could expect to receive in express comps and future offers from that level play in BJ? ($50/hand, 4-6 hours/day, 4 days)

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, the money would go further at other properties if you were staying there. rooms cost less at those other properties so they don't cost you as much in comps to get a free room. but if you're already staying at Bellagio, that doesn't apply.

you're looking at about $150-225 theo per day, which would result in $60-90 in total comps per day. express comps used to be 13% of theo, which would be $20-30 per day, but some people are saying they've been reduced to only 5% of theo, which would be $8-12 per day. i haven't confirmed the change yet, so i'm not sure. the rest will be in primary comps that can be applied by the host office.

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that is what I was trying to say (but not very clearly!)

I Need Spa
  9. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes sense, thanks for all the info shifter definitely helps to clear things up a little bit. I guess looking back maybe I would've booked a step down considering my level play but I guess it's all relative.

10. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, what level of BJ play is required for full RFB?

11. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at Bellagio or Aria, probably somewhere around $300 avg bet 4 hours per day for a regular room, $400+ for an entry level suite at RFB.

12. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any chance of future rooms being comped at the $50 level?

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At those properties, doubtful (unless you are playing 12 hours a day every day of the trip). At that level, I would guess that you are more likely to get a comped mgm room at Mirage, NYNY, Monte Carlo, Luxor, or the Castle (and even Mirage might be a stretch).

But it never hurts to ask. Go introduce yourself to a host and see what happens.

I Need Spa
  14. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figured that. Since I've never dealt with MLife before, if all of my play is at the Bellagio will/can I receive offers from some of their lower tier properties?

15. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Basically I am more concerned with setting up future offers than having a few meals taken off of my bill during my current trip.

16. DonkHappens

DonkHappens Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play green chip blackjack(at various MGM joints on the strip) and get 2-3 nights at all the lower tier MGM properties from Mirage and Mandalay Bay down.

17. nygambler88

nygambler88 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Donk, one of my main questions was I'd like to keep all of my play at the Bellagio but since my level will not be enough to earn rooms from there if i will receive offers for other MLife properties with only playing at Bellagio?

18. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's possible, but nobody knows for sure. i know i occasionally get an offer from one of the Mlife hotels i've never stayed/played at, but not very often. definitely not compared to the number of direct offers i get from MGM Grand since i've stayed there a lot lately. usually you want to play at the hotel that you want to get offers from. but if you just prefer Bellagio, then stay/play there and just see what happens down the road.

19. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found that if I play VP, I get some offers from properties other than where I played. If I play table games, I get offers from just that hotel. Your experience may vary.

I'm not sure you'd get good room offers at any MGM property for $50 action. Basic rooms at mid tier, at most.

20. DonkHappens

DonkHappens Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I quoted the wrong post, but you should still get the generic offers for a couple of nights at other places just playing at Bellagio based on your play. I generally play at NYNY, Monte Carlo and Aria and still get offers for the others. I've never even been inside Mandalay Bay and I can still get at least 2 comped nights there with a little bit of freeplay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.