1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Students Behead Bird at the Flamingo

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by runningonthehub, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just saw this on one the Vegas tv stations web site.
    Here's a link:http://www.fox5vegas.com/

The two student chased the bird into some trees and caught it. They then cut the head off. This was in broad daylight. Man, are people really this sick?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what happens when people go to Vegas thinking they'll one up The Hangover in terms of party stories.

3. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought this was just going to be about jacking up some statue or something. I'm no tree-hugging hippie by any means. I eat meat, I support testing on monkeys if it'll benefit humans . . . but . . .

This is just so incredibly sad. I can't describe it. Something that has no aggression. It just exists to be beautiful and bring some joy and smiles to people. How someone could chase and murder it is just beyond my comprehension. Sick people indeed. I've not even read the story, so my apologies if this is all explained in the article, but I really hope these jerks are caught and blasted with the full extent of the law.

4. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Truly reprehensible, no drugs or alcohol should ever be considered a defense for actions like this. These guys just hosed up their lives pretty well it sounds like.

USBC Nationals
  5. gongoman

gongoman MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally stupid--Bottom line

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just when you think you have heard it all!! So much for those J.D.'s they were working on.

The only saving grace is typically people value animal life more than that of their fellow humans. They may get some pretty serious time out of this, it wont fade out of the news since in involves a helpless animal.

Beyond sick, I cannot imagine the motivation or conversation that led to something like that.

7. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True dat, Ron!

Plus, these guys go to school at BERKELEY! This is one of the most liberal towns and environmentally-conscious places you can find. It's hard enough trying to find real meat or leather in the city, let alone someone who won't want you dead for hurting an innocent animal.

These guys will NOT be welcomed in their community.

8. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who does this sort of thing?

How in the world could it ever possibly be funny or acceptable?

I am really let down that these guys are law students too so they arent stupid by any stretch.

9. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is so sick I don't know what to say.

10. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Text book sociopaths. Drugs and alcohol are no excuse as pretty much every other person is eff'ed up while in Vegas, yet they don't commit these heinous crimes.

I hope they don't get a plea bargain and get the max.

11. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is hard enough to get a law job these days even coming out of a top school, but with this charge on their record they can pretty much kiss a law job good bye

and that is if they do not get kicked out of school or convicted of a serious enough crime that it prevents them from getting a law degree....all that cash down the toilet

and really they are both pretty lucky that bird did not kick their asses because pea fowl can be pretty damn mean....I suppose the fact that it had been around people and "the action" for 14 years probably made it used to people, but generally those types of birds (peacocks and the like) will think nothing of pecking and clawing the shit out of you

12. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats is seriously f'ed up and makes me sick. WTF would make these two scumbags even think about doing this. I hope they didn't plan on graduating from Berkley.

I can also see changes coming to the habitat now to prevent something like this from happening again which is too bad but I can't blame CET. I aslo feel sorry for anyone who was out there and had to witness this.

13. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sick F**ks. No excuse for this.

14. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first thought is why anyone would do something to a poor bird--what could have been going through their minds to do this --and yes it just makes me feel very ill and sick. I really hope they get the punishment they deserve--not just a slap on their hands--it sounds like they also need mental help--as whats next doing something like this to a person? Very sacary thought isn't it.

15. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Teixeira is in his third and final year at UC Berkeley School of Law and served as a law clerk last year with the U.S. Department of Justice's Environment and Natural Resources Division, according to online profiles."

I'm thinking he won't be going back to his old post any time soon . . .

16. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is truly horrible. I don't know what to say. :cry:

Taking my dad to Vegas for his 73rd birthday next week and I planned on showing him the wildlife habitat at the Flaming-O. Sure hope it's open then.

17. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please don't forget that James Holmes killed 12 people and injured 58 others in Aurora Colorado by brutally opening fire in a movie theater during the July 20 midnight premiere of the film Dark Knight Rises. Holmes' attorneys are expected to play mental illness defense.

These sickening criminals (evils) shall be punished by U.S. judicial systems. They knew what they were doing. They had clear minds when they committed murder and massacre. :grrr:

By the way, here is the link of Fox News. http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/19809137/police-vegas-vacationers-chased-beheaded-exotic-bird

18. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always get a kick out of reading the user comments on news stories and the ones for this one certainly don't disappoint.

I still can't get my head around why these two ass clowns did this. At the risk of sound morbid, I hope it was a quick and clean kill and that the bird didn't suffer.

19. auburnu008

auburnu008 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did anyone click the link? The front page is now updated with another new story. It says "Man set on fire in confrontation at gas station". WTF is wrong with this country? Shit like this is the reason I am not bringing kids into this world.

20. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.