1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Walking to Pawn Stars shop and tobacco store on Main Street

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by miller6pack, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miller6pack

miller6pack Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen the answer to both of these before, but can't find them anywhere, so please bear with me. I will be staying at The D and would like to walk to the Pawn Stars pawn shop, and the tobacco store on Main Street. I am a 60+female and will be walking alone during the daytime if it's safe. How far for both and is it safe?

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to las vegas blvd and take a right towards the Stratosphere .. the pawn shop is a mile or so on the left hand side.

Its safe enougn but old and tired.

You will see the big courthouse so expect to see the sort of people who need to go to court there. In general there is little of interest to see.

As for the tobacco store, go to main street and again go towards The STRAT . This street is worse then las vegas blvd. Homeless peoples, sketchy looking characters, that sort. very ondustrial and univiting.

I have seen older couples walking down both streets though. If you are from a big city then main street wont compare to that.

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take the bus.....

You don't need to walk when you can just take the bus to both places.

4. miller6pack

miller6pack Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What bus do I take and do I catch it by Walgreens?

5. Eldon

Eldon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the tobacco shop you want is the one owned by the Indian tribe;
    it's about a mile from the Main Street Station. They have very cheap ($10-14) cartons of generic cigarettes.

It is a safe walk. Most comfortable in the morning. Usually the only other people I see are across the street by the day labor place.

Walk AWAY (north) from the Strat. Facing MSS turn right and head down Main Street with MSS to your back.

You can catch a bus across the street from MSS. Pay $2 when you board and tell the driver where you're headed.

May be just as fast to walk.

6. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done the walk from Strat to Downtown more than a couple of times but would not advise Miller6pack to do the same. Lucy's suggestion to take the bus is a good one. I am sure one of the bus experts can provide good information.

7. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BTW there is a CIGAR STORE right across the street from the Pawn Store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.