1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ate at Serendipity 3

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at PH and opted for the short walk to try Serendipity 3.

A bit crowed and decided to sit at the bar instead of waiting for a table.
    This gave me a good view of the kitchen and saw all huge plates coming out.

I opted for the burger and my wife did the chicken salad.
    The burger was very disappointing, and the milk shake was average.
    My wife really enjoyed her meal but couldn't finished.
    The salad had what seemed like 2 HUGE pieces of breast meat. It was more than she could eat.
    Based on the food I saw it was surprising that my meal was so bad.

You know how a Burger place does a great burger but bad sandwiches?
    Well, this place did everything well except the burger. All the burgers coming out of the kitchen looked dry like mine.

Because of what we saw and my wife's really impressed with her meal we will be trying it again next trip.

Since we sat at the bar this rather small lady sat next to us and ordered that 2 foot long hotdog. We could believe she was going to eat that by herself. A few minutes later a HUGE sundae was also given to her.
    We asked if she was expected 2-3 other people to eat with her because she had so much food. :licklips:

2. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there this past weekend and was underwhelmed. I had the cheeseburger and while it wasn't bad it certainly wasn't anything to write home about. My mom had the crabcake sandwich and she'd didn't finish it as she didn't like it. I also found it to be a little pricey for the quality of the food. I don't think I'll eat a meal there again but I would like to maybe try one of their sundaes on a future trip.

Solo
  3. xman30

xman30 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there during my trip in April. I liked my hamburger & fries, but I wasn't impressed with the frozen hot chocolate. I read a lot of great things about it, but it didn't live up to the hype. When I was there it wasn't too crowded.

xman30

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I dine there regularly and have never been disappointed. I'm surprised to see these bad reviews when we've had great food and service at Serendipity every time. They have an eclectic and interesting menu and the presentation is spot on. I recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Once they go to Serendipity, they become regulars too.

Bill

5. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After two trips, count me among the unimpressed. Frrrozen Hot Chocolate? Adequate. Mr. Tasty's T BLT? Poor. Serendipity 3 seems to belong to the if-it's-big-it-must-be-good school.

6. G. Money

G. Money Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have eaten at S3 many times and usally for Breakfast, we love to sit outside under the awning and people watch as the pass by. The food for Breakfast is good and like I said we eat there often but never for Lunch or Dinner.

7. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I avoid places that are known for big portions. Typically that means the food is terrible.

8. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I enjoyed it when we went..

9. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only had breakfast there but I have been there three times. This weekend we sat outside back patio and people watched. The weather was perfect. If you diamond you have priority seating, so no line. The food has been pretty good. I love the hot chocolate french toast. It is like desert. Bloody Mary's are good too. You can split a plate if the serving are to big. They are big but for the most part they are quality unlike some places that give huge servings.

10. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I decided to try it back in July instead of Holsteins; I should have stuck with Holsteins. Burger was average and the milkshake was rather unsatisfying.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.