1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fu*k-forgot to do online check-in for SWA

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Joe, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got distracted today and forgot to do on-line check-in for tomorrow's flight on SWA. Did it 4 hrs late and got C1 & 2. Are we screwed?

We just need 2 together, either window & center or aisle and center. I just don't want that last row next to the sh*tter.:nono: Flights from Milwaukee always full.

2. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch. I'm surprised you don't use the $10 early bird check-in. I did it for both flights at we were A44 and A45 going down if I remember and A21 and A22 coming back.

Solo
  3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do it for the return flights:drunk: but I'm "always" available to do the outbound flight.:poke::cry:

4. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't stress it. Even if you're separated, you may be longing from some "apart time" during the trip. Just bank it now for later LOL .....

5. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you'll luck out and get two aisle seats across from each other. Good luck!

Solo
  6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trouble is the only thing for me that makes the 3.30 flight bearable is the movies we watch off the laptop.
    If we are separated, I'm sure she would say go ahead and watch and I'll read, but...

7. Loonar

Loonar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest Question

On the same topic, I just booked with Southwest for the first time (thanks to the poster who advised of the 2 days sale!). I booked the early bird for $10 each way, but wondered when do I actually find out my boarding position? ie: when I do online checkin, or when I show up at the airport?

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you paid the $10, no on-line check-in required. Depending on the airport, either go to the kiosk or desk to check-in and that's when you get you boarding position. Lots of differing opinions on how it's determined, but once you pay you're good to go.

9. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It will be available any time within the 24-hr departure window. Just follow the check-in procedure whenever, and it will already have been assigned.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looner,
    The Early Bird Check In assigns boarding positions 36 hours prior to the flight. Those without EBCI can call 24 hours before flight time and are assigned a boarding position from what is left. You will find out what you are assigned when you print out your boarding pass whether you do it at home,at a kiosk, or when you check in your bags.Your boarding position is locked in. I usually get an A Boarding pass and have had as low as A16 and as high as A28 with EBCI. I think it is worth the $10 since I am traveling for abut 6 hours and changing planes.

Jimbo338

11. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well. I guess you can't say that anymore, huh? lol

C1 is almost a B. If it's not a continuing flight from somewhere, I think you will be okay.

12. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use EBCI. That"s one less thing to worry about. Peace of mind is well worth the $10 each way.

Like sammasseur said, just follow the normal check in procedure. No worries.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess that should have been colored green, right?:wink2:

14. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I am doing the math right, C1/C2 puts you at spot #121 which should still be able to get you OK seats. Might want to add the $10 for the flight back though.

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always do the EBCI on the way home, no matter where we are. Too many distractions.

16. zlanga

zlanga High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    121/137 or 121/143 doesn't sound like "OK" seats to me now matter how you add it up. Even if there are no thru passengers, Business Select passengers, preboarders or family boarders, at best you're probably looking at 106th or so. No matter how you shake it up, that doesn't look too promising.
    Joe, you have my sympathies. You're probably looking at middle seats near the back with those spots. Best of luck!

USBC Nationals
  17. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're probably out of luck. I once had C2 and was able to grab an entire empty rwo for me and two friends that were in the C-30's, but we were two rows from the back of the plane

I Need Spa
  18. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA Boarding Procedure

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm flying on SWA for the first time on the 23rd (out of Milwaukee). I did the $10 early bird add-on both ways, but I'm still unsure of just how their boarding process works.

Do they call the numbers one at a time (e.g. A1, then A2...)? That would seem to take forever.

Do they call all "A's" at one time? Then what, do people organize themselves in the lineup by number?

I would guess that the exit rows get taken immediately, followed by the aisle and then the window seats. Since I'm flying solo, I'm not too worried. Just hoping for an aisle seat somewhere in the front half of the plane.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--yoyo

19. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://checkintomyflight.com/

I have been using this all week for hotel guests. Has worked great. My condolences Joe, I have forgotten my 24 hour check in for the last 2 SWA flights. Fortunately I was traveling alone.

20. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe: THEORETICALLY.....you are at the top of the bottom 1/3....fortunately for mathematical purposes, there are 3 seats across. IF EVERYONE sat at the window and in the aisle.....wow.....I WANT TO SEE THAT TRIP REPORT!!! Relax...the depth of the rows, no control....the availability of a pair of seats? Don't know how you go to Vegas without such drama.......HHAA....have a great morning flight.....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.