1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Can I steal this bathrobe?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by dfalk, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying at PH right now and they have this awesome bathrobe I wanna steal. Can I take it and if I do will I be charged?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, you'll most likely be charged an exorbitant price for it. if you really want one, you should call down and have them bring up a brand new one. at least that way you won't pay for a ratty old used one.

3. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is stealing, so first decide whether you want people thinking (knowing) you're a thief for doing/attempting it.

I stayed in a hotel in Bangkok once which I can only assume had some similar theft problems as they had an itemized price list next to the minibar. Duvet: $100, Hand Towels: $5, Ash Tray: $3, Remote Control: $15 . . . . etc.

Stealing the robe . . . yeah, you'll likely get dinged for it as it is probably the most common intentionally stolen item. Depends on the cleaning staff, though. Some places have to mark inventory lists everytime they add/replace stuff from a room. Others are less organized. I'm guessing PHo probably is pretty on-the-ball.

As someone else noted, my suggestion would be to ask them at front how much to buy one (they are usually glad to sell them and will have a price immediately handy) as you'll otherwise likely be paying to wear a robe that has already been proudly rubbing against the asses and crotches of a thousand prior room guests.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I really wanted the robe, I'd call the front desk and ask what it cost. Then I'd try to catch the cleaning crew and try a $20 tip.

5. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Walking out with the robe and putting the $20 on the cleaning cart . . . "You didn't see nuthin!"

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of just asking the lady if it's okay to take it after tipping $20, but sure, that could work.

The difference here is, you're out your $20 even if she says no. But if you were going to tip housekeeping anyway (I don't want to get into a 'tipping' thread here.) then what's the harm?

7. JRSOBX

JRSOBX Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was Hard Rock Biloxi that had a sign telling you to take the robe home if you like it.

*A $280 charge will appear on your bill.

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you plan to steal it and they charge you for it is it really stealing? It would be more like a cafeteria line; take what you want and we will charge you for each individual choice.....nawwww, if you are paying anyway then it isn't stealing.....(Are the bathrobes really THAT special?)

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't want to even mention that my honest as all get-up daughter in law still snuck a pillow from the Dolphin (Disney) home in her suitcase.

I happened to make a joke when we were driving out 'Oh at least you didn't steal the towels.....' The kids all just started to crack up & said, 'well not the towels....'

I believe it was the Harrah's in Metropolis that had a price list for items also. If we could have fit the mattress in the back of the truck I would have taken it with me.....................

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really loved the pillows at the mirage. My wife went to their website and bought them for my birthday. They came new. I still love them.

11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is why I would just buy one. They are going to charge you anyway. At least get one that doesn't have "history".

Also, ask your host. You might get one, or at least a price break. :)

12. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha!

"History"
    Translation: When Stabler and Benson spray Luminol on it and hit the light switch, this baby is gonna shine like Studio 54's disco ball.

13. MarkY

MarkY Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I love the whole bed at Mirage. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. The Marriott in SoHo might be the best though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.