1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Preview of upcoming trip Dining Lineup

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JillyFromPhilly, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those that are interested, the dining lineup for our upcoming trip is now pretty much set, so keep your eyes open for detailed reviews of the following to begin being posted sometime after the 19th:

Dinners:
    Sun - Cut @ Palazzo
    Mon - Picasso @ Bellagio
    Tue - B&B Ristorante @ Venetian
    Wed - Guy Savoy @ Caesars Palace
    Thur - Carnevino @ Palazzo

Lunches:

Exact choices & which days still TBD, but will probably hit at least 3-4 of these:

Country Club @ Wynn
    Public House @ Venetian
    Sushisamba @ Palazzo
    Zeffirino @ Venetian
    Table 10 @ Palazzo
    First Food @ Palazzo

Breakfasts:

Bouchon @ Venetian
    Morel's @ Palazzo

[definitely at least once each]

2. pikabu

pikabu Low roller, but always enjoy the ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow Jilly! I look forward to some of those reviews. Keep eating (but not too much).

Have a great trip.

3. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget Carnevino is open for lunch?!?!!!

4. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's right, thanks for reminding me - I forgot they also do lunch.

Hmm, might have to put that on the lunch shortlist, too...

5. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yum, six of your selections are on our list for November. I'll look forward to your reviews.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    interested to hear your take on Picasso as we may hit that up for the first time next month.

7. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would put Tableau on the breakfast list as well

8. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning dining for a Las Vegas trip is always fun.

9. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm hungry just reading your list. :clap:

10. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for Tableau for breakfast......white chocoloate french toast.....tableau potatoes........basket of pastries with the tableau breakfast.......amazing omlettes........ I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it!

11. milehiman

milehiman VIP Whale

I love your list. I'm jealous

12. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a joyful dining list! Would like to read your breakfast comparison between Bouchon and Morels. Also, dinner review of Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace. Have a nice trip! :thumbsup:

13. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can answer the breakfast question before I even leave for the trip, as we've eaten at both many times before - we often wind up going to Morel's because of the location [Bouchon can be a hike if you're coming from Wynn or even if you're already at Palazzo & don't feel like heading all the way over to the Venezia tower just for breakfast] - and Morel's probably has the bigger breakfast menu, and has a few more traditional American dishes like steak & eggs, etc. that I don't remember Bouchon having - so usually it depends what we're in the mood for and/or how much walking we feel like doing that becomes the deciding factor.

Otherwise, they're pretty much comparable - you can sit outside at both, they're both consistently very good - but if I could only eat at one, I'd probably go with Bouchon for the uniqueness factor - whereas Morel's - while still very good - really isn't all that much more than a more upscale & relaxing, less crowded alternative to having breakfast at, say, Grand Luxe.

We ate at Guy Savoy once before not long after it opened, so we figured it was time to go back again - overall it was excellent, just not as mind-blowing as Joel Robuchon [pretty damn close though].

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would...

There is a superb burger on the lunch menu at Carnevino made with the trimmings of their dry aged steaks, with gorgonzola and pancetta. Insane. Also the "spago" which is spaghetti with lamb ragu and "canelloni" which is a duck filled cannelono. If you are really in a gluttonous mood you might have more than one of these dishes :)

In terms of Guy Savoy vs Robuchon--I've been to GS a number of times and Robuchon once. I must say overall GS has many more unique, impactful dishes in his tasting menu. Robuchon serves outstanding versions of things I have seen many times in other places (his caviar in 3 preparations, though, is certainly a "wow" presentation) but otherwise I would say GS is my clear favorite.

I doubt you will find Picasso comparable to either of the above (if you have not been) and I would recommend Le Cirque instead if you liked Robuchon.

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love your restaurant reviews, you are so much better at describing your meals than I am.

I try to get as many great dinners in when I'm over each year, but I really have to force other's hands because they're happy enough eating hotdogs :evillaugh

Hope you have a great trip and I'll look forward to reading them all on your return.

16. hla

hla Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have great taste! Love all your choices and look forward to your reviews...

17. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate at Picasso for the first time a few weeks ago and thought it was probably one of the best meals I've ever had. I could eat that foie gras with the paired wine every day and be happy about it (although probably for only a few weeks, before I dropped dead of a heart attack). I'm hopefully back in Vegas in November and again in January, and absolutely plan on eating at Picasso both times.

18. garrisonsmama

garrisonsmama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just attempted to go to First Food for lunch last Thursday and they told us it was only open for dinner. Not sure if that is the case every day, but just a heads up.

19. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, unfortunately we had to cut our trip short due to a death in the family - so we only got in dinners at Cut & Picasso, breakfasts at Bouchon & Morel's and lunch at Public House - will probably be a few days before I have time to get any reviews up though.

20. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sorry to hear that, but looking forward to your Picasso review at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.