1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games How Does a BLACKJACK TOURNAMENT Work?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Pinny Long, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an invite to a BJ Tournament.
    How does that even work? Do you get assigned table spots randomly and see how much you can increase your promo chips or something?

I've done Slot Tournaments before. Those are no-brainers. Tap a button and wait for the boss to write down your number, but the Blackjack thing is a mystery to me.

If anyone has been in one can you give me the 5 cent tour?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, you get assigned a table. you have 3-5 competitors at a table. they will play 20 hands or so. you have to finish with the most chips at your table to move to the next round. same thing next round. several rounds of this and you get to the final table. it's about chip management and getting lucky at the right time.

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strategy a lot different than normal blackjack

It is a lot more about betting than playing by BJ rules. You also need to be very aware of what others are betting/what their chip stack are.

5. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great. Thanks! So it's more about rounds of elimination than an accumulative total.

Very interesting.

During the rounds do they assign seats randomly and leave you there the whole time, or do they shuffle it up at all. It seems to me that having the last chair on the left (last hand to play) would have the advantage because you can base your betting on what the others have already done.

I'm going to call the Trop and see if they still have a place for me. It sounds like it could be fun.

6. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are different formats.Usually seats are drawn randomly.
    They do not always pick the betting order from first base to third base.
    I've been in a tourney where it went by stack size.I have also been in one where they rotated the order.

7. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most tourneys i have played in the rotated the betting order so no advantage on your seating. Main thing like others said is chip management and importantly watch the max bets. For example, if max bet is 300 and there are 2 hands left n u are behind 1000, you are in trouble. Seems like most places do 20-25 hands a round, last rounds can be interesting, have double downed on many a stiff hand in those last rounds, lol

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the tournaments I have been in assign a random table and random seat. First base/first player moves left on each hand so everyone gets a fair shot at watching others bet. Most REQUIRE you to place bets in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.