1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Asking for a complimentery upgrade when I am already comped....

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Fuddrucker, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuddrucker

Fuddrucker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an offer for three nights comped in a deluxe room at Monte Carlo so I went ahead and booked it. Later I was looking at my Mlife account and noticed as a Gold member I can get a complimentery room upgrade (when available).

I was wondering if it would be wrong when checking in to a ask if an upgrade was available since i am already being comped for the stay.

Also, for those that may have done this, what kind of upgrade did you get? I would assume it would just be for a higher floor with a strip view and not to a Monaco Suite although that would be awesome!

Thanks!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the complimentary room upgrade is just potentially better view and it's already done automatically when you book.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can always ask. And if you just want a high floor, you'll probably get it. If your play rates a host, a host will definitely book you on a high floor prior to your arrival -- this is easy for a host because it's free. But not all gold MLife cards are created equal, so it's hard to say where you stand with rating a host.

At MC, with gold you get VIP check in -- you get to go in the little room off the main check in place. But if you want the upgrade, I'd skip VIP check in and hit one of the regular check in lines, which usually aren't bad. The girls in the VIP check in aren't likely to help you, oddly enough. But they'll take care of things like restaurant reservations, if you need those, so you kind of have to weigh what you want.

I've stayed at MC my last few trips, but never asked for an upgrade because my comp always had a suite or better, so I'm not sure how that will go.

4. tizzy

tizzy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just went on a trip to Aria where one night was comped and I still asked for an upgrade. It was not much of an upgrade though, just a strip view and only the 16th floor and got some free chocolate covered strawberries sent up but free is free and I would rather look at the strip than the mountains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.