1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Stack in Mirage

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by clippercfx, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clippercfx

clippercfx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone dined at Stack in the Mirage? How was the food, crowd and atmosphere? Stack seems to me to be the same concept as Fix in Bellagio.

clippercfx

2. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is essentially the same as Fix, same owners. I have always enjoyed stack, good food and usually a fun upbeat atmosphere

3. Blacklegs22

Blacklegs22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrific room, with woodwork loosely modeled after Bryce Canyon in Utah. Prix Fixe was affordable and a good bargain. (not sure if they are still offering it?) Food was good but nothing really exceptional.(I did enjoy the jellied donut desert) Overall a thumbs up.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my favorite restaurants in Vegas. I was at their opening night however many years back, and make a point of going back every time I'm in town; I've actually been recognized by the bartenders on more than one occasion, even when it's been a year or more in between trips.

As far as food, I almost always generally get the Chilean Sea Bass (which comes with risotto and a lobster broth), and a side of whipped mashed potatoes. The trick is to mix the broth in with the mashed potatoes.

5. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate at Stack last weekend and really enjoyed it. It was after the early show of Love on a Friday night, and there was a crowd, but we were seated within 10 minutes without a reservation; the service was quick and attentive throughout the meal. I had previously only ordered steak at Stack, but didn't feel like it on this particular night, and thought the chicken dish was one of the best I've ever had. Upon recommendation of our server, we tried a couple of desserts that sounded a bit ordinary, a cherry creme brulee and some sort of banana cream pie, and both were truly excellent. In terms of timing, we noticed that the crowd thinned out noticeably around 9:15 or so, probably as people ran off to catch the late show of Love or the comedian of the weekend. This was our third time eating at Stack over the past year or so, and I think we have liked it a little more each time. And, personally, I think it's much better than Fix in terms of atmosphere and food.

6. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I'm a big fan of Stack. It's been a long time favorite. I dined with friends last weekend before Tosh. It was another great meal. My only complaint was that they did away with classic rock music and replaced it with club beats. The lamb is fantastic. Steaks are solid. Seafood is fresh and tasty. They do it all well.

7. clippercfx

clippercfx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To those who have dined at Stack before: The menu on Stack's website looks great! Do they have daily specials in addition to the regular menu?

clippercfx

8. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Not on night's I've been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.