1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

why should I care that my 19 million mLife tier credits are gone?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by trig, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trig

trig Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I come off as bragging - far from it. I am just not sure the 'value' of tier credits and wanted to ask you pros.

I still have 20k in express comps, so thats a good thing. But why should I care if my 19 million tier credits are history? I'm also still at Noir.

thanks in advance!

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like at CET, they disappear each year now. But, the people that matter (your host) can still see you play history, and that is what matters. And, when your host looks you up, it is play they look at, not tier credits.

As to all those Express Comps. I would be trying to find a way to use them up before they change their mind.

3. trig

trig Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks pal. I figured tier credits really don't mean anything, and my host is is awesome.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TC are only used for one purpose: to determine your tier. Certain benefits obviously come along with that tier, but whatever tier you were at yesterday, you get to enjoy that for another year. And as long as you play enough for the next 12 months to achieve Noir again (which I suspect you will; that is a ton of TC!), then nothing will change for you.

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  5. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How did the last trip go Trig?

6. donof

donof Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't mind that my 4 million tier credits are gone...........since I don't get much for being Noir anyway. I do find it funny that the mobile site says "Congratulations, you have 0 tier credits!"

7. BrandonR

BrandonR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suppose for someone already at the top tier it doesn't matter since you're locked at that tier for at least a year. For low-rollers such as myself, however, it feels like I'm getting screwed. I went from 0 to a little over 100,000 for Gold two weeks ago and planned on easily getting to Platinum on a future trip, but alas I've been reset to 0 and would have to get another 200,000 to get to Platinum as far as I can tell. :rolleyes2:

8. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In some way, the B-Connected (Boyd/Coast) system is somewhat more fair. You only lose 3 months of the oldest tier credits at a time ... not the entire year, forcing you to start from zero. So, if you maintain your typical level of play each quarter, you will be adding an amount similar to what is dropping off, and it is a little easier to keep your current status.

In the long run, it all boils down to the same play requirements for the year ... but starting back at zero just seems more daunting .....

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are extremely few benefits that you get for platinum that you don't get for gold.

10. BrandonR

BrandonR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How dare you, sir! I want to skip taxi lines! ;)

But you do get an additional 10% of credit/express comp earning in addition to all the platinum hotel benefits I wouldn't use.

11. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually skip taxi lines anyway...give a $5 tip to a porter and they'll walk you out. Or maybe that's a secret :nono:

The 10% would be okay. But I like that if you make it you keep it for an extra year. Because when I go to Afghanistan, it will be a year before I make it back to vegas, but if I go and earn gold again it will stay through September of 14, so I'll have it when I make my next trip. Under the old system it would have expired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.