1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

El Cortez Cabana Suites

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Wanger1969, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello VMB!

I think I know the answer, but just want clarification from those in the know.

It appears that the El Cortez Cabana Suites all contain only 1 bed. Is this the case? There aren't any of them that have two doubles or queens?

Thanks for your help!
    Kay

2. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the rooms have one bed.

3. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darnit - I love the rooms, but when traveling with my (currently platonic) buddy, two beds are a necessity. How are the rooms in the tower at El Cortez?

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure. I've only stayed in the cabana suites.

If you stay in a super suite a roll-away bed might is possible. You should call to confirm.

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We might try them if they came with two beds.

6. Eldon

Eldon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    in a jr. suite now with a single king bed.

7. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tower rooms are roomy. You can get a room with two queens in the tower. There's also a separate sitting area with a love seat (or should I say, a platonic mini-couch?). The bathroom is small, which is the only downside to the tower rooms in my opinion. The tower rooms have safes.

8. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimbo, is there ample counter space on each side of the sink bowl? Or no?

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are platonic buds, get your own rooms. That place is CHEAP and very very nice.

10. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The sink isn't huge but the room has plenty of room for things. There are good size night stands, a full size desk, a coffee table in front of the Platonic buddy seat, and the credenza that holds the tv. I'm sure you can find a place for the deodorant, after shave and whatever.

Tower rooms are nice, comfortable and security is good. You need your room key to operate the elevator to your floor, beds are comfortable, maintenance and housekeeping are good. I love the tower rooms but I was quite satisfied with the Vintage room as well when i stayed there since I usually go to LV solo and am in the room mostly to sleep and shower.

Jimbo338

11. PopsOLA

PopsOLA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at both. Tower rooms are larger, two beds. Great rooms for the price IMO. Cabana suites are up to date... nicer... LCD TV. Small, super small, but a room none-the-less. Funny story last time we booked at Ballys for my wife and I and my dad booked him Cabana suite. we were so trashed all 3 of us slept in a cabana suite... Talk about a crowded bed LOL.

12. fremontflo

fremontflo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the Tower Rooms, the vanity is separate from the bathroom so yes, you do have room. It's too bad the Cabana Suites doesn't have the 2 bed option as I think they would stay pretty much occupied all the time. I just love them.

13. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad they don't have double bedded rooms, but it sounds like the room is pretty small, so maybe there isn't room for two beds.

Sounds like the Tower is a solid option. Downtown I've stayed at MSS and Fremont, but I love the vibe at El Cortez. Never stayed there yet, but keeping it a serious contender for our April trip!

14. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've stayed at MSS and liked it, you'll likely also enjoy the tower rooms at El Co. One difference is that the tower rooms don't have a fridge like MSS rooms do, but that's really the only significant difference that I can think of (and probably not all that significant for most travelers). The other difference, of course, is EL Co is on the opposite end of the FSE from MSS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.