1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Grocery and liquor store near Vdara

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by chrisn42, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

Staying at Vdara next week and was thinking about taking advantage of the kitchen. With all the world class restaurants in town, I won't be cooking dinner but perhaps breakfast or something. What would be the best grocery store to get a few snacks, breakfast items, some soda, and liquor? After browsing Google, I was thinking about taking the 202 to the Albertsons and Target there on Flamingo. Is there something that would be better perhaps?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a CVS out on The Strip between Aria and Monte Carlo where you can buy some snack foods (a few cookable things, but not much) and drinks and alcohol.

Albertson's (and there is at least one other big one, I can't remember the name right now though) do deliver groceries as well. You just shop online and they deliver it to you the next day.

3. MattyIce

MattyIce Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's also the huge Walgreens by Planet Hollywood, used that as my grocery store when I was at Vdara a few weeks ago!

4. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. Nice to know about the Walgreens over by PH. It might be better then going all the way to the Albertsons. Quicker too.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I recently came back from an 11 day stay at VDara, and after buying a few essentials at the new Walgreens next to PH, I took the rental car to the Target on Eastern, right off of Desert Rose Parkway (not far from the M Resort) and the prices there were a whole lot less expensive than what you will find anywhere on the strip. You can get breakfast cereal, milk, juice, snacks etc - almost anything you could need.

Also, there is no need to buy water when you stay at VDara because you do get two complimentary waters each day from VDara housekeeping, and there is also a nozzle inside the refrigerator that dispenses filtered water. If you have an empty water bottle you can keep refilling it with the filtered water.

You do have to request things like pans, silverware, plates etc from housekeeping, so I suggest you put everything away in the cupboards and drawers after washing everything in the dishwasher so that you don't have to keep asking housekeeping to bring it all back.

I still ate most of my meals out, but what I love most about VDara is that they give you coffee and a Keurig coffeemaker (I suggest asking housekeeping for extra coffee every day) so that you can have some coffee and a quick breakfast then shower and get ready for the day.

6. chrisn42

chrisn42 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tips! And good idea about the pots and pans. I've read a few reviews and that seems to be everyones biggest complaint... housekeeping takes the stuff each day and you have to call again to get it back. I think I'm going to try hitting up a Walgreens or Target or something. While I don't plan on cooking dinner in the room, I would totally do something quick for breakfast or something as I'm not the biggest breakfast person, so for me spending money on breakfast isn't really worth it.

Nice to know about the daily water as well. That will certainly be nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.