1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wedding Guests!

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by vegasdrea, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are beyond thrilled with the final count for our wedding. We invited a little over 100 people and we have 88 people coming! We only paid for 80 guests so we will have to shell out extra money, but we are perfectly ok with that. (we'd rather pay for the overage than pay for 80 and only 60 show up! lol) I just can't believe it! We honestly didn't think that many people would make the trip :haha:...but then again it IS Vegas afterall. :evillaugh

2. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats and have a great day!

3. bratkar

bratkar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats awesome, Congrats!

When I married almost 20 years ago, I so wanted a destination wedding, but it was unheard of at the time and NO one would agree with me to do it. I didnt care if it would have been Vegas or a Cruise.

Again! Congrats and have a great time!!!!

Kelli

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is great! congrats on the upcoming nuptials!!

I can't imagining trying to coordinate for that many people. I had a hard time doing it with 12! lol You better be getting some super duper room discounts AND a free suite for yourself. Where are you staying?

:beer::beer::beer:

5. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Congrats! When we were married 8.5 years ago I was shocked by the size of our guestlist (it sure did help narrow down venues). Like you, we had about 85 family & friends come out from the midwest to celebrate with us. People still talk about how much fun it was and encourage us to renew our vows.

Enjoy.

6. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One piece of advice -- don't pay for the extra people until you have to. With 88 coming and 80 paid, you can expect a few more people to drop at the last minute.

Congratulations.

7. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone!

@Mike. We have to pay for them once we turn in our totals next week, whether they show up or not. I'm sure we will have a few no-shows the day of. All but about 15 people (my local Vegas crew) are traveling from the UK (20 people) and California (some from Atlanta, WA, and AZ too) to the wedding and their arrangements are booked already. I think when it's all said and done, we will have probably around 85 people.

8. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should add, that if anyone is looking for a venue, the Platinum has been absolutely perfect to deal with. They can pretty much do any kind of wedding/reception you want. Small, Big, just cocktails or a seated dinner. I highly recommend them to any bride!

9. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Platinum hotel. No discounts, basically every time we turn around we have to pay something :haha: but everything is turning out just perfect. We do get two nights at the Platinum for "free", and after the wedding we will be staying at the MGM. All of our guests will be scattered on the Strip, we aren't coordinating anything really, I just told my guests I want them to have a fun weekend and that I'm only asking for 5 hours of their weekend, they're free to do whatever them want the rest of the weekend LOL. We are really looking forward to the wedding!

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's awesome if you get 88 people to show up. we just had a birthday party in Vegas, invited about 40 and figured a lot of people would show up just because it's Vegas. at first we had about 22-24 confirmed and it was looking that way and then at the last minute a bunch of people dropped out and it turned into 12. hopefully you guys will have better luck!

but it actually worked out perfectly with who showed up, so i'm sure your wedding will be great either way!

11. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's how it was with a friend's bachelorette party and my brother's bday too usually, people always want to go to Vegas, but always back out!

I think the reason why we are having a good turn out is because 1). it's a wedding and most of my friends live in Cali which is a 6 hour drive or a 45 min flight, so it's close and easy to get to and 2). because I'm moving to England and I think most people want to come because it'll probably be the last time I see them for a very long time, or even the last time I ever see them! :haha:

12. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yea - they wanna make sure thay you really are leaving :D

13. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike! I really wish I was going to see you again so I can kick your ass! :kiss:

14. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And b/c some of us have been bullied into going :poke:

15. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marrying a Brit?

You have such good taste. Congratulations!!

Where in the UK will you be living? (Sorry if that's too personal, just don't answer.)

16. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    oh you will..

I'll be there - what table you got me at?

;)

17. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Pebbles! We will be living in Stoke...although I just found out yesterday, I'm having issues with my visa :(

18. pebbles

pebbles Micro Roller.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope it all gets sorted out soon. Visas can be awful to sort out.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.