1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

RHCP NYE Package at Cosmo is this worth 5G's ???

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by mike mc, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those wraparound suites are badass! I had one one time (before they realized, I guess, that I'm not the roller their mailing list thought I was).

And this is NYE weekend. Small studios are going for about $500-$700 a night anyway, so for what you're getting it's really not that bad of a deal. Out of my budget too, but if I had a group of friends that wanted to party it up proper, I could see chipping in and getting the ultimate party pad.

I'll be there on NYE too, but didn't get tickets for the Chillis. I was hoping the show would be at the outside so I could just get a room with a view right over it (we enjoyed the Lauren Hill concert this way for a while last year, haha).

Anyway, Vegas is the MUST BE place for NYE in my opinion and for someone that has the funds, this is a pretty cool package.

3. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

I was at COSMO last New Years...WHAT A ZOO!
    If you don't take this offer and stay off Strip, BE ON STRIP by
    5pm or you'll only be able to 'walk' to it. Roads will be closed, Valet
    closed, no cabs or other cars from early in the evening til 3am.
    Only way in 'n out of COSMO before or after 3am was to rent their
    limo. $30.min.charge.

It'll be fun but be aware...the ballroom where Chilis will be playing is
    standing room only save for some $$$$VIP tables in the upper back
    area. Last year for Stevie Wonder, folks started to fill the place up
    early, getting a good spot to STAND ALL NIGHT. One that place fills
    up, you can't move around much. You could go out to the pool deck
    which was great...some fireworks could be seen from a couple Left 'n Right
    views.
    This sweet would be great...IT'S NEW YEARS, GO FOR (pay for it next year!)

4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i can't say that price tag is obscene for what you get, but i don't think it's worth it. that's a $400/night suite and the tickets are maybe $200/each. the other $3k is for the privilege, i guess.

5. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also tickets for the killers. They rock!

6. Elvira

Elvira Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just love The RHCP! We went to all there concerts here in The Netherlands.
    However it is not worth 5G, you just pay for the privileges.

7. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a slow mid-week that suite might be $400, but this is New Years weekend. I checked online to see if I could get a price, but the wraparounds are shown as unavailable, so you either need to have some serious pull or get one of these packages to even stay there. The smaller suites (about 1/2 the size) are going for almost $600 a night for NYE. And there's TWO concerts you get access to, not just the RHCP.

Again, I'm not saying it's worth it for me, but for someone with the cash to burn, why not?

8. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

True. It is total insanity, which is what I LOVE on New Years. And what GREG is saying about getting to the strip by 5 or so, pretty much applies wherever you're staying. I think they shut LV Blvd down at 6, and even taxis become difficult. Basically, before 5pm you want to have your car parked where you want it to be Jan 1. And you can at least walk around the strip which is where all the action is anyway.

I loved our fountain view room last year. We could see like 4 different firework displays and the people going nuts on the balconies just added to the great atmosphere.

This will be our 3rd New Years in Vegas as I promised my wife we'd be there every year, haha!

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's what i'm saying. it's a $400/night suite, but obviously the price is jacked up for NYE. so you're paying the extra $3k for the privilege of being there on NYE.

10. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Make NO mistake about it, the Killers are awesome and will be even better finishing their NA tour at Cosmo. I'm thinking of a trip out just to see them.

I saw Brandon Flowers at MB HOB about two years ago and it is still one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

11. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which is kind of crazy. My host offered me my standard package for NYE -- same basic offer I get at other times except with an invite to some party. Maybe he just offered because he knows I travel east for the holidays and he wouldn't have to pay off.

12. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Thanks. My bad. I thought you were referring to whatever "privileges" that VIP pack and whatnot gets you. Cheers!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.