1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What should I do w/ comp?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by azn2050, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azn2050

azn2050 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I originally had scheduled a solo trip to vegas from Saturday morning to tuesday, but had to cut it to Monday due to work.

I am comped at Flamingo for 3 nights, but just got an offer to upgrade to GO room for 20 per night. I would like a GO room if possible. I have never stayed at this property.

So do I call and request to take one night off and pay for the GO upgrade (about 40 bucks)? Is this possible?

20 dollar trick at the front desk?

Or just stick with my Fab deluxe?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  2. golfnut

golfnut Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would pay $40 to go with the upgrade. I figure if your going to do the $20 trick you would only be saving $20. So why not guarantee the upgrade. Just my opinion.

3. azn2050

azn2050 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given that I never stayed at this property... is it that big of a difference between the two rooms? or worth it?

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you try the $20 trick they might try to put you in a Fab luxury, so make sure they know that you are looking for a Go room.

5. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't stayed in the FAB rooms, but I would go for the upgrade. The GO rooms are really nice. If your stay was doing the week, I'd say maybe try for the upgrade at check-in, but given that it's over the weekend, I would book it in advance.

6. dbueler

dbueler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in both the FAB and GO rooms. The Go room is totally worth the $20 upgrade. If it were me, I would change my res to the 2 nights and jump all over the $20 upgrade price/night. No way to know if the $20 trick at the front desk would work, especially over a weekend.

GO bathroom is much larger and newer, Go beds are soft vs FAB beds are hard, love the tv in the mirror of the GO bathroom, GO room has a frig, Go room has a huge flat screen tv vs a small flat screen in FAB. Lots of extras for not alot of money!

Enjoy your trip!
    diane

7. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed in both rooms, would take the GO for $20 any day of the week.

It's not just that 'it's only $20 more per night so why not', but it is a nicer room. If you go to Vegas again you can always get the Fab room, but usually the GO rooms are going to run you more so you might never choose them in the future.

Now is a great time to check out a superior room for a minimal cost.

8. azn2050

azn2050 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies. I will try to cancel one night and upgrade

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.