1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas to hollywood Day Trips?!?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by NellatheDiva, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NellatheDiva

NellatheDiva Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,i'm new to the boards and planning our first trip to Vegas in November.:thumbsup: I've been looking for some things to do and came across Quality Tours Las Vegas to Hollywood tours. Anyone have any experience with this company? I've read the reviews on Trip advisor,but would like to hear a little more.

2. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe me, Hollywood is NOT worth a day trip from Vegas. I would think a day trip is better spent out on Lake Mead/Grand canyon, or even Death Valley.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree.

Do you know how far it is to LA area? Long ways.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you even make that trip in a day? You'd spend the entire day on the road.

5. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto. If I was flying into LAX I'd spend an afternoon in Hollywood before driving to Vegas but I'd never leave Vegas to see Hollywood. It's worth seeing once in your life, but it's really not all that great. Hollywood is overrated, Vegas is not.

6. vinyldoctor

vinyldoctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's as bad as going to disneyland for the day.
    12 hours on the bus and 4 hours in the parks.

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just had a look on their website and it is a 19 hour day with 9 of them spent in LA, I don't think that I could face a 5 hour drive in each direction.
    Out of interest I just had a look for flights between Vegas and LA and it's only 1h 15 mins flight and you could get about 8 hours in LA and return trip was about £75, you would probably have to do some planning on getting around LA, but I think it would better than being on a coach for around 5 hours, I have never done the drive between LV and LA but I would imagine there isn't too much to look at.

8. NellatheDiva

NellatheDiva Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well,yeah you can make the trip in a day. Looks about 4 1/2-5 hours each way.

Thanks for everyone's opinions,but it is still something we'd like to do. I wish someone had info on the tour. Thanks anyway :)

9. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It all depends on time of day. I've made it each way in under 3 1/2 hours, but thats either leaving early in the morning or after 9 at night. Its the traffic that kills you. Just getting out of the LA area can take 2 hours if you hit anywhere near rush hour. I would say 5 hours is with medium traffic, but I've had to deal with 8+ before D:

10. NellatheDiva

NellatheDiva Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    8 hours yikes!!!! Now that wouldn't be fun!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.