1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mixture....

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by laragh, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laragh

laragh Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I love sushi but my husband doesn't, I need a high end sushi restaurant for me to experience but that also has some meat/blokey food if you catch my drift?!

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is he okay with Asian food? Because I enjoy the food at The Grand Wok in MGM, and my wife enjoys the sushi (I can't give you any more recommendation than that -- I don't eat it, so I don't know if the sushi is good.) But the asian food -- they have a very wide selection from multiple countries. Decent food, decent price -- and you can get chicken and duck and things that are a long way from sushi.

This isn't necessarily a place I'd go a long way out of my way to go to, but we've eaten there twice and enjoyed it both times.

3. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

Yellowtail is on the pricey side but it will fit the bill. I've had the salmon and short ribs, both were quite good. They also have chicken and ribeye. They have several rolls, sushi and sashimi.

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Japonais at the Mirage is exactly what you're looking for. The restaurant features a diverse mix of really good sushi and cooked meat. When you're there they give you 2 menus - sushi and hot dinner. You can find both of menus here. I would encourage your husband to try the robata.

It is worth noting, almost all Vegas sushi restaurants have a few cooked meat items on their menu, however typically they are throwaway items designed to appease non-sushi eaters. Japonais is different because cooking meat is a big part of what they do. Their sushi is very good as well.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  5. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about SushiSamba at Palazzo?

6. laragh

laragh Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheers everyone! Started to look at menus but it's making me hungry so will get back on it tomorrow ;)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.