1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hard Rock Cafe on the Strip

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by zydeco, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zydeco

zydeco Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are going to a show at the Cafe in a few weeks. I've never been in it before.
    Has anyone experienced it? We're seeing Adam Ant on Friday the 14th. We're in our 40's and have long since stopped being apart of the bar crowd. What are we in for when it comes to live music?
    Is there seating or standing? I assume since it's 80's music we won't be alone...
    Just trying to gauge the venue, crowd lines, waits etc.
    Everything online takes me to the Hard Rock Hotel not the cafe on the strip.

Tom

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where is there a Hard Rock on the strip?
    I've never seen or heard of it. Are you thinking of maybe, Planet Hollywood?
    They have a seperate space in the Forum shops.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's the Hard Rock CAFE on the strip and it's down by the Showcase Mall (M&M's, Coke Bottle, etc.) down close to MGM. Sorry I can't help, as I've only had lunch there a couple times, but never taken in a music act. Both Las Vegas Hard Rock Cafe's (the other one being in front of the Hard Rock Hotel on Paradise/Harmon) are operated separately from the hotel and are part of the worldwide Hard Rock cafe "system".

The very words "Hard Rock" seldom invoke much discussion on this board (except for me keepin' the dream alive...), but I hope someone offers some thoughts on the venue for you.

4. daywalker

daywalker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw 'James' there earlier this year. The venue is basically a small room. Stage at the front, bar at the back (raised area), raised standing on one side, flat floor standing throughout the main area. There are table seats in the raised back bar area but you would probably have to pay/tip for them as 'VIP' tables.

I think it's a great venue. James wasn't even sold out (which just wouldn't happen in the UK) and I don't Adam Ant will sell out either so you will have plenty of room and I would expect a pleasant experience.

I love Adam Ant, saw him late last year and loved the gig. I miss this Vegas gig by one day and as it stands I cannot change my dates to arrive a day earlier. I need 2 first class seats to open up with BA from Heathrow if I am to make the gig otherwise I have to stick with the existing booking on the 15th :cry:

5. zydeco

zydeco Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks daywalker. That's what I was looking for.

6. daywalker

daywalker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. zydeco

zydeco Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - it's nicer than I thought.

Again thanks for the info. I'm curious to see the turn out for this show as I've not seen any reviews for his show besides the Ticketmaster website which I think are usually favorable for their promotions.

Too bad about missing the show by a day (daywalker). We ran into that same scenario with Duran Duran last year at the HOB.

8. daywalker

daywalker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are an Adam Ant fan just go and enjoy it. When I saw him in Sheffield he was a little mad but it was entertaining. There's no way he'll sell out the venue IMO which is a shame but then at 39 years old I'm quite happy when it's not busy :eek:
    Anyway, who cares what anyone else thinks, only you can decide if it was good or not. I hope you do enjoy it though :thumbsup:

Duran Duran was at the Joint at the Hard Rock (off strip), I was there and they were outstanding, sounding better live than they do recorded which is the mark of a great band :beer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.