1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Video Poker

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by kel3420, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I play JoB, but think it is time to learn another game properly. Every time I am playing this game, a bartender will tell me I can win way more on another game, Dueces Wild maybe?

Where can I go to learn the rules of this game and play for free so I can get this down pat before my Oct trip?

Thanks!

:beer::beer::beer:

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. technolight

technolight Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    videopoker.com

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DDB, that's it! Thanks. "Videopoker.com" hmmm. Should have tried that first, lol.

:beer::beer::beer:

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can win more in one hand with other games like Double Bonus, Bonus Poker, Double Double Bonus, etc... but the price is a higher variance to the game, meaning your bankroll can take some big swings up and down over the course of play.

6. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The simplest thing to do is to take your JoB chops and use them on Bonus Poker, Bonus Deluxe, and Double Double Bonus. Only a few small strategy changes are needed, primarily on Double Double Bonus - where, given AA and another pair, you keep just AA - going for those Aces with kicker. Also, if you ever have the good fortune to be dealt four 2,3,4, or four Aces, pay attention to the kicker. If you don't have the kicker, try to get it. If you have it, KEEP it along with the quad.

As discussed, games on which you can 'win more' you can also lose your shirt faster on. This is the effect of variance.

7. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree! How about Bonus Deluxe? Your thoughts and advice?

8. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not easy to find. But you can also play JoB strategy on ACE$ Bonus Poker. It's the same as regular bonus poker, but each ace has an A, C, E or $ on it. If you hit ansequetial for aces (either -ACE$ or ACE$-) you get the same payout as a royal flush. 8/5 aces is 99.44% with perfect play.
    From the Orleans: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346537124.478651.jpg

9. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The full pay version of Bonus Deluxe VP looks like 9/6 JOB ... EXCEPT ... all quads pay 80-1 ... BUT, 2 pair pays even money. It can be a very good game if you pull a fair share of quads ... but, if not, the short pay 2-pair will grind you down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.