1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Professional Gambling Question

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by helpme365, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helpme365

helpme365 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here goes nothing, I ended up starting to gamble all across the US but mainly enjoy going to LV. I have been logging miles driven and plane flights taken along with keep records for meals, tips and rooms paid for. My question is when writing off losses from trips I have been just doing a daily notebook of what I start with then end with how much more in depth do I need to get in case I get audited. Overall from my records and the win/loss statements we are close to the same number just about -4,500 off which isn't bad considering I had over 247 W-2G's but still had an overall loss over almost 230K. My question is how much more precise do I need to be as far as keeping track of play? Any help or anything else that I can take off for tax purposes please let me know any help would be great I know some of you do this for a living as well.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if there are some tax professional here on the board and you take their advice, as intricate as your situation is, I think this is more a question you need to ask directly to a tax professional. Plus, you can write off their paid help on your taxes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.