1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

aug 29 - sept 4 live / Flamingo..

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by floridavegas, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Aug 29th, 11 am Vegas time - we left fl this am on SW, uneventful flight we checked in late thought perhaps our bags may be not arrive with us.. but low and behold they were first off! :)

Arrived in LV pretty much on time 9am, grabbed our luggage and out to the cabbie line. It was short, we got a nice driver who to us the via freeway, after asking - he was very nice. Arrived at Flamingo about 9:30... pretty dead all around the cabbie was telling us how the place has been dead...

We walked up to check in got in the line for rewards members and no wait! Nice older guy checked us in.. gave us a room on 25 the floor said it was quiet and wanted us to have a good view. Room would be ready at noon... no prob!!! So we gave our bags to bell desk... he said that no charge for rewards members to check in at noon... yippee..

OK -- off for now... check in later.

2. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uneventful means...we got late bag checkin, we had an over weight bag and had to redistribute items, lost the lock during that process, that plane was held because of a bad hydraulic ( which gave them time to put our bags on the plane) and we flew over hurricane issac and was strapped to the seat most of the time. Very uneventful.
    :poke:

3. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the rest of the report!
    Have fun.......

4. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So you allowed him to charge you more money because he asked?!?

The Flamingo and the airport are on the same side of the strip, by taking the freeway he crossed over the strip twice to get you to your hotel.

The answer to any cab driver in Vegas is "take surface streets'!

Sorry but I don't want to sound like a dick but you got ripped off!

Have fun the rest of your trip!! :drunk:

5. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hehe, yeah, you got tunneled...but at least he asked.

6. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    update attempts.. now day 4

( that whole cab thing just ticks me off... and just confuses the hell outta me) :grrr:

Well, I really wanted to update live.. but internet has been choppy for me - not paying the internet fees so will update more when home.... stopped into the room for a breather, think we are gonna head out to Bally's for some slot play in an hour or so... I'm surprised at how much I like it over there. In May we stayed at The Aria and spent most our time in Monte Carlo.. this trip is much different, I LOVE The Flamingo... the strip has become increasingly more crowded since Wednesday.. last night was ALMOST... not fun... it was so crowded.
    (I could not imagine new years, 4 the July...) omg.

-- we did watch a girl try to hail a cab on LV Blvd.. then proceed to run across it like frogger, it was like a survivor show... c-r-a-z-y.... :eek:

this week we have eaten at Ramsey's, Center, both good... lost my ass at Harrahs today (maybe its me - but their slots seem tight) have done well at Paris, Bally's.

I really like playing blackjack maybe Mon eve I will get the nerve to buy in to a table.. right now it is way to crowded for me. Just enjoying "being" in my happy place, spending some Vegas time with my husband! :drunk:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.