1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3 days to go and no time to plan! What are your go-to restaurants for each meal?!

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by PSM, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's just now hitting me that we only have 3 days until our trip and the wedding planning has taken up almost all of our free time over the past few months. This means I haven't had any time to plan for the honeymoon part of the trip (after guests leave, we'll have a full week alone in Vegas for the honeymoon).

This being the case, I thought I might condense some of my research by getting your opinions. I know personal opinions are just that, but I figure with many of you being seasoned veterans, your opinions and experiences are a good place to start.

As a quick background, I've been to Las Vegas five times and my bride has been once before (our trip together last year). There are just so many places we've never eaten, though, and the list seems to grow and change each year. We will have a rental car and plan on using it often. The only places concretely on our list right now are Japonais (based on last trip), Gordon Ramsay Steak (based on us both liking Hell's Kitchen and Masterchef), and Hash House A Go Go for breakfast (based on last trip).

We're also pretty adventurous in terms of food types (sushi and steak are our favorite, but I don't know that there's any one style of world cuisine I don't like or enjoy trying). We like all the traditional style foods you find in the U.S., too (American, Italian, etc).

So, what are some of your favorite, must-visit restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? I just want to make a list of potentials to have handy for when we're out there.

Thanks!

2. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much do you want to spend? Are you interested in staying on a certain end of the strip or are you willing to move around.

3. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be staying at Caesars for the whole trip, but we like walking and we'll also have a rental car, so pretty much any location on or off the Strip is game for a good meal. And price isn't that important since we'll be eating some expensive meals, some cheap meals, and some mid-range meals depending on the day, time, and how much we're winning/losing.

Like I said, I'm just gonna make a list of potential places to keep in my phone so at any time when we're hungry, I can open it up and say, "This place is supposed to be good for breakfast, let's try it."

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if price isn't a problem and you want a once in a lifetime type experience, you can't go wrong with Joel Robuchon at MGM. It's going to run you a couple hundred a plate, though. Worth it? Once, IMO.

For me personally, Craftsteak is a must visit, but since you're already doing GR, that might be more steak than you want. I have tried many many places, but this is the one I keep going back to. In fact I'll be there Saturday.

If you want a unique feel dining experience, Diablos is worth a visit. Kind of a high energy thing.

And of course you've got to do a high end buffet -- Bellagio or Wynn -- or since you have a car, if you want less crowded and more laid back, drive the 9 miles south to M for their buffet. Cheaper, too.

I like Dragon Noodle for lunch. Stupid name, good Chinese food, reasonable price.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're out in Summerlin, try this
    http://www.thebagelcafelv.com/menu.htm

Fantastic overstuffed sandwiches, great corned beef and pastrami!:thumbsup:

Downtown: Give the Main Street Station Buffet a try. IMO breakfast is the best option.

For a nice dry aged steak at a reasonable price, by Vegas standards, try the The Steakhouse inside Circus Circus.

Or, for a good pizza away from the Strip, try Rosati's Pizza for a good Chicago deep dish or thin crust. I think they have 4-5 locations around LV.

http://www.circuscircus.com/images/PDF/SteakhouseMenu.pdf

You said you'll have a car and you're going to need a lot of options/variety for an entire week.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  6. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great info. Thanks. We'll likely be doing at least one very expensive dinner (possibly two), so I'll keep Joel Robuchon in mind. As far as steak, we can never have too much steak, so Craftsteak will go on the list in case we feel like doubling up on the red meat this trip (11 days is plenty of time to get two steak dinners in!). I have been to Bellagio buffet and enjoyed it very much, but I'd like to try another high end buffet, so perhaps I'll put Wynn on the list. This also gives me a reason to go into Wynn and check it out since I've never really spent any time there. The bride isn't a huge buffet fan, though, so if I only get one buffet meal on this trip, I wanna make it a good one. And Dragon Noodle will definitely be on the list since I've heard a lot about it and I was also looking for a reason to spend some more time in MC (been once but usually don't get in there).

Keep em coming!

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're in the MC, look for a balding army guy at the craps table. I'll buy you a drink to celebrate your wedding (and by 'buy' I mean 'get comped'). I'll be there pretty much all day Friday and Saturday.

8. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My parents and grandparents are staying at Suncoast, which I believe is right near that bagel place, so perhaps when we're out there I'll give it a shot!

I'm debating Circus Circus. The bride has never been there and it may be one of those places where we just stop for her to see it on our way by. If the steak is worth it and we're craving it that time of day, then it sounds like a good option. And we will be getting down to Fremont most likely, so I'll put Main Street Station buffet on the list. Doubt we'll make it for breakfast, though.
    We'll be busy all day/night Saturday with the wedding and reception, but if we make it down to MC on Friday, I'll keep an eye out for you! :thumbsup:

9. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suncoast is not too far from Bagel Cafe.

The Steakhouse: You'd most likely need a reservation. Not much to see walking by because you have to go through a hallway to get in, so you can't really see the restaurant, just the beef hanging in the hallway coolers.

Once you are actually in the restaurant, you'd never know you were in Circus. Totally different atmosphere. Old Vegas feel. Dark paneling, wine stewart; nice padded booths; used to be only male servers, don't know if it still is.

10. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Casa di Amore...

Hey Now!
    killer Italian joint.
    The piano dude does a mean Frank,
    and they will give y'all a free limo ride!

11. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off the top of my head with no time to think about it?

Breakfast: Bouchon
    Lunch: Julian Serrano
    Dinner: Carnevino

12. jmsvss

jmsvss Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my list for our upcoming trip:
    Go-to:
    Mon Ami Gabi
    Sage
    Taqueria Canonita
    Hyakumi
    The Range (not the same price point as Carnevino but ...)

New this time:
    Jasmine - heard there is a nice view and the menu looks good
    Valentino
    SEA (Thai at Ballys)

13. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    buffet

go to the m buffet , thats the bomb, plus its a great resort, best buffet in town

14. geegee1009

geegee1009 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sterling Brunch at Bally's on Sundays is great. Get on website and check out menu.

15. milehiman

milehiman VIP Whale

I don't hit these every time but here are some of my favorites.

Breakfast - Bouchon, America at NY/NY
    Lunch - Burger Bar, Nine Fine Irishmen, In-N-Out Burger, Grimaldi's Pizza,
    Lunch/Dinner - Mon Ami Gabi, Delmonico, Emeril's N.O. Fish House, NOBU, Bouchon, Postrio, Aquaknox, Postrio, Otto Enoteca, Seablue, Nobhill

16. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sage-Aria
    Rao's-Caesars-
    Julian Serrano-Aria
    Picasso-Bellagio
    Sensi-Bellagio
    Top of the World-Stratosphere

17. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Charlie Palmer Steak - Four Seasons (dry aged steaks - dinner)

Julian Serrano - Aria (lunch)

Aureole - especially if you're into wine (dinner)

Jean Philippe Patisserie - Aria - for dessert anytime!

Diablo's - the food is just "okay", but the specialty drinks by the pitcher can make an enjoyable liquid lunch. If the weather is pleasant it's fun to sit on the rooftop patio overlooking the Strip. Just beware the effects of the 3rd (or 4th) pitcher of Green Doors :wink2:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

18. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Breakfast: No clue
    Lunch: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab
    Dinner: Prime at Bellagio

I hope you meant cost is no object. :)

19. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's Taqueria Canonita like? I've been meaning to try it.

20. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd recommend the Border Grill Brunch if you're available on Saturday or Sunday morning:

http://bordergrill.com/PDF/bglv_border_brunch_flyer.pdf

You say you're adventurous eaters, so you might like the small plates of Mexican-influenced breakfast dishes (good for sharing as well, so you can try even more of the offerings).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.