1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

forum etiquette question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by redowl, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redowl

redowl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,
    Newbie here with a rookie question about posting.
    If a person would like to discuss something that has been mentioned/discussed in an old thread (6 months or older), is it better that they reply in the old thread, thus reviving it, or should you simply start a new thread?
    I'm relatively new to the world of forums and thought I'd see what was considered good form.
    Thanks!
    R.O.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    threads around here are locked after 6 months or so of inactivity. obviously if it's locked, you have to start a new one, but there's nothing wrong with reviving an old thread that's not locked. especially if you're talking about the same thing.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unless its something that has just been obviously beat to death, its not a bad idea to just start a new thread. LV changes with the wind, something that may have held true two months ago may have changed now. Its nice to be able to log onto here and within minutes get that facts from someone who may have just been there a week or so ago.

4. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, things change in Las Vegas pretty regularly so starting a new thread is fine... plus its what everybody does. There are some questions that just come up every 2-3 weeks as new threads.

5. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just do a quick search before posting if you're in doubt. It'll help you I'm sure. The search button is near the top of the page.

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends. :) I don't mind you asking questions again, but you might do a search to be sure it wasn't just asked. We're a pretty friendly group. I wouldn't worry too much about breaking some kind of etiquette by posting a valid question. Besides, if it's a faux pas, we'll let you know. :wink2:

7. redowl

redowl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I consider myself warned :eek:

I will try to use my best judgement, I just figured it was better to learn the correct way to do things up front.
    Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.