1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

anyone travel to Denver? know of sights like this?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by AceRothstein80, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next summer, I wanna plan a Denver trip. Go to see a Rockies game and catch a good band at red rocks. Also, while there, definetly do white water rafting, check out some brew pubs, do a Jeep tour, maybe zip line...stuff like that.

any info would be appreciated

2. freez111

freez111 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TripAdvisor>Colorado>Denver

3. y2mulder

y2mulder Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moved to Denver a month ago....this is God's country. Every single thing you named can be done here.

Highly recommend Glenwood Canyon for rafting. Bit of a drive, but you wont be disappointed.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How far are you willing to drive from Denver? Because if you'll drive 90 minutes in any direction, there are so many things you can see/do that it would be impossible to list them. I live 75 miles from Denver in Colorado Springs. We have Pike's Peak, 7 falls, Garden of the Gods...just a lot of stuff. Depends what you want? Are you a visitor or a 'doer'? Do you want to hike or bike ride, that kind of thing?

I probably won't check back on this thread -- so PM me if you want more info.

5. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Colorado Springs, Royal Gorge, etc. - and the distance is doable if you have a vehicle!

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on the Glenwood Canyon rafting recommendation. We rafted the Colorado River from near Eagle to Glenwood Springs. Glenwood Canyon is amazing. Instead of staying in Denver we stayed high in the mountains at Minturn (elevation 7800ft), a funky little village not far from Beaver Creek/Vail.

Enjoy your trip!!

7. AceRothstein80

AceRothstein80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, thanks for info everyone, too use this quote and sum it all up, here goes:

1.) i love baseball, and me and a few of my friends and dad like going to see all the ballparks. i'm from chicago, been to Wrigley a ton of times. i've also been to Us Cell, old comiskey, comerica, great american ballpark, new Busch stadium, old Yankee, and Fenway. In a perfect world, I'd like to visit when Cubs are in town. But either way, visiting the ballpark is a major, #1 priority

2.) I love music. I have always wanted to see a concert at red rocks. I just watched My Morning Jacket live from there on axs.tv(old hdnet) in an even more perfect world, The Cubs and My Morning Jacket will come to Denver within a few days of each other and I can see them both in 2013!! I know thats a slim shot. but I love a wide variety of music, and the band/whoevers playing the rockies combo should work out ok. But red rocks is #1A priority

3.) I will fly into Denver. i'd like to find a hotel that is close to a "downtown" area. It would be cool, to be walkable/cheap cab ride to most stuff...ie food, ballpark, drinking. i know red rocks is a lil further out, but I would not mind cabbing it there. if i had to rent a car, i would, based on....

4.) Priority #2 would be fun stuff like white water rafting, jeep tours and whatnot. The best, would be to find companies that pick you up near the area I stay in(based on what i said in 3) like i said, I could rent a car if it is not feasible. But a very good white water rafting trip would be what i really wanna do. A jeep tour in the mountains would be awesome too. And I am a big fan of craft brews, so a brewery tour would be another thing. As much as I like to think im in good shape, my buddies may not be..so crazy hikes/bike rides may not be the best idea. I would like it, but with the altitude figured in, idk how it will work out for my wingmen.

8. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Denver last December. Great hotel, 50 yards from the 16th Street mall (downtown), highly recommended.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.