1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Intricacies of Being Rated

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Naturaleight, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We all know you are rated based on your average bet and time played. But I just wonder how you are rated for sporadic, or unusual betting. For example I sit at a Baccarat table and only bet $500 once every 20 or so hands. Is my average bet watered down, or am I given $500? Am I given less time played? A floor person at Bellagio told me that they count how much a shoe you actually play, not by time played when it comes to Baccarat. But she wouldn't really go into more detail.

Anyone know specifics?

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they will still give you an average bet and time played. what you don't realize is that every time you bet $0, that counts in your average. so 1 $500 bet and 19 $0 bets gives you an average bet of $25. that's what they will write down. however, it's not an exact science because the human is the one controling it. if you sit out just the occasional hand, they usually won't do anything. but if you sit out a lot, they will adjust it accordingly. how much they adjust is up to the floor and depends on how nice they are, if they like you, if you're tipping, etc, etc.

for Bacc you get 1 hour of credit per shoe. a shoe can easily take 2-3 hours, but you still only get 1 hour of credit. so when it comes to playing partial shoes, that's how they do the rating. if you play half the shoe, you get half hour credit, etc.

3. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah that makes sense after being in the Bac room for 6 hours and getting 2 hours credit.

What if you jump around from shoe to shoe?

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was playing dice at Aria in June and saw something very similar.

A player walked up next to me and was betting between $50-$100.

Every now and then he would fire away with $400-600.
    He left after about an hour and asked the floorman his rating.
    He was told he gave him 2 seperate ratings.One for the small bets and one for the big bets.
    Not sure how they calculate that but I'm sure it all goes in the computer and spits out a number.

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the more reason to stay friendly with the game supervisor. When you finish play, ask them what they are rating you at. And if you disagree, you might cajole them into bumping it up a little bit

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. ROTJob

ROTJob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I game the system a lot on BJ and have had success with it. Of course BJ floor people are spread more thin that at other games. I just watch when the boss comes by and bet more when he is watching.

One time I did have one of them ask the dealer if I was better consistently. I had tipped her well so she lied and said yes.

7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This absolutely works at craps. I think maybe it's because the guy rating you is sitting right there at the table most of the time, and it's possible to engage him throughout your play. He's going to see how you play, and if you play fast and you take care of the table, it's been my experience that you can get your rating bumped up a bit.

For a long session at craps, it's going to be hard for him to give you a number right away because he's got a ton of figures on your paper. For a shorter session, if they like you they'll give you your number. Even if he won't move it up then, the same guy will be there later in your trip and you can hit him up as you buy in.

I've had much less luck with the same strategy at blackjack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.