1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First hand pay - sort of...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by redsoxmom5, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I was playing a new Super Monopoly Money machine at Imperial Palace Monday night and got into a marathon bonus round. I'm not sure how many free spins I wound up with (at one time it said 90 and re-triggered several times after that) but I was in this bonus round for a loooooong time. Anyway, my final spin after already winning $200 on a bonus round was for $100 and I got to spin for a multiplier. I spun a 7 so I won $700 more. I went to cash out and my machine said I still had one more spin for a multiplier. This time the amount was $75 x 7. I had my machine after that bonus round a little over $1400. Well, my goal of this trip was to get my first hand pay so I was very giddy as I hit the cash out button. I was fully expecting to see a message on my screen telling me a hand pay was coming but instead the ticket came out for $1438. Isn't a hand pay supposed to be for $1200 and higher? Not complaining by all means, just curious.

2. Deby

Deby Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're absolutely right that more than $1,200 would be a hand-pay. I'm guessing that maybe the spins for a multiplier were separate bonuses, therefore not considered a total win of more than $1,200? So in other words, maybe that last spin wasn't part of the original bonus, but a separate bonus? Either way, congrats!!! Out of curiosity, how much were you betting?

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hand pay +w2-g only for 1200 plus on a single hit, not a bonus round. But why would you want a hand pay and the phantom tax hit over cashing out and getting the money tax form free?

4. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience is that large of a payout would normally have generated a hand pay. I would have preferred it as well, mostly because I don't fully trust the cashout machines. :)

Whether it's paid by hand or not is separate from the question of whether your win should have generated a W2-G tax form. (It should not have.)

I once hit a royal flush on a quarter video poker machine in Mississippi and it credited me with the 1k and just let me keep playing. Never had that happen before or since.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  5. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why don't you trust the cash out machines? You can also take the ticket to the cashier and they will cash it for you.

6. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh. I had just dropped down to like 90 cents instead of max betting.

I've never had a hand pay, so just the thrill of hitting big enough to get one was exciting to me. And getting one for $1400 wouldn't hurt me in taxes since I've had a loss this year for more than that.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At our local tribal, if you hit $1200 in a bonus with multiple spins it still generates a W2G. I hit the Diamond on one spin which was around $1100, plus 7 other spins which totalled in the $1250 total. W2G. So they don't do it as a single spin total at ours.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.