1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Suite Comps at MGM Properties

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Naturaleight, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats the longest they will give you two bedroom suite accommodations in advance without saying "based on your play"? My friend and I generally have losses in the 10K-50K range, thought last trip wasn't so bad. Our avg bets vary widely from trip or our mood.

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sigh. Comps are based on your avg bet and time at the table, not your win or loss. Yes, if you both drop $50k, they will comp you a 2br suite and all food and bev after the fact. If you want it up front, what is your game, avg bet, etc. Help us to help you.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First, your question is really vague since you aren't talking about a specific property or a particular time of year or whether we are talking weekends, holidays or the slowest time of the year. Its almost like asking "If you are digging a hole, how long does it take?"

But to answer your question: three days.

In general, three days is typically the longest that MGM properties will comp somebody up front, irregardless of room type.

However...

Some people will get more days up front, some will get fewer, and just because somebody has play similar to you doesn't mean you are going to get what they are getting and likewise somebody could have less play than you and get more.

Honestly, this is one of those questions where you shouldn't care what I get or somebody else gets, but you should be caring about what you can get. IE: if five people come in here and say "my play/bankroll/losses are similar and I can get 5 nights comped up front" that shouldn't matter because thats not necessarily what you are going to get.

To that end if you are curious what you should do is just call a few properties up, give them your MLife card number and ask how many nights in a two bedroom suite you can get up front.

And then you would have your answer, specifically tailored to you and your play and there won't be any question about the accuracy of the information. You will know exactly how many days you can get.

4. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a host, call him or her and ask. If you don't, but have play history at an MGM property, then call and request to speak to a host. If you don't have play history, then don't expect anything up front and you and your high rolling friend need to play big while you are there.

My host at Bellagio is hooking me up for four nights in a one bedroom suite this October. Having a host and play history definitely helps in this regard. But if memory serves, yesterday you were asking about a skysuite. That's certainly not my area of expertise (other people on this Board know more about those), but I would guess that if you're wanting a skysuite comped up front for more than three days, you would probably need play history of $2000 per hand for at least 4 hours a day. That's just a guess, someone with experience at that level will probably know more. But in the end, you really need a host to get what you've been posting questions about for the past couple days

I Need Spa
  5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    totally depends on your past level of play and what they figure they can expect from you this trip. they're not going to comp something for 2 weeks upfront if they know that you normally only play at a level that will warrant 3 nights. but based on my past experience, you can probably assume that unless you're a big player with huge FM/CL, 3-4 nights is the most they will want to do upfront, maybe 5 nights but that's pushing it.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said above, help us help you.

Where do you usually play?

What sort of tier are you at? What sort of points do you have (meaning, are you being rated?)

What have they given you in the past?

7. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No I was not asking about a SkySuite. Someone responded in the thread that a SkySuite would be a good accommodation. Frankly I don't care which MGM property I stay at.

The answer from shifter that 3-4 nights is standard is what I was looking for. Thanks

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In that case, you might get more days upfront at the second or third tier MGM properties. I imagine Monte Carlo or NYNY would value your play more than a top tier resort. More bang for your buck!

I Need Spa
  9. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to get 5 nights in a 1-bedroom "penthouse" sky suite upfront [suite upfront with F&B covered on review at end, which was covered 100% + "airfare"] with a $60K line first trip at Aria [and any MGM property for that matter - although I also had a host who knew me from Wynn + an extensive play history @ Borgata in AC]. Second trip same suite + F&B covered upfront.

I would think if each of you open a LOC or deposit FM in the $30K-$50K range it shouldn't be a problem getting at least the suite comped up front w/ F&B on review at end.

10. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long time reader, first time poster.

You can definitely get suites at lower tier properties with less play. My host at Monte Carlo asked me for 8 hours at $100 to cover my low end suite last trip. I outplayed that, giving them 13 hours at $92, and this time he put me up in Hotel 32 and threw in some RFB, and that's on labor day weekend, which is a high traffic weekend.

11. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info. Would love to hear your thoughts on Hotel 32 after the trip

I Need Spa
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.