1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question about using a comp offer. - Bellagio

Discussion in 'Comps' started by gmunole, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were sent an offer for the Bellagio that we are going to use on our upcoming trip. Typically we just get the room and small amount of free play but we had a good run during our last visit and Bellagio is offering more then just a room. We have never spoken to a host at any of the MGM properties and not even sure how to get a hold of one.

Does the free play just show up on our card or do we have to get it activiated?

Does the food credit, and other offers show up on our account when we check out or do we have activate that as well?

I called the number for VIP services and booked the room but they had no further information on the additional offer details.

2. coughee_can

coughee_can Guest

I dont know about bellagio specifically as im a low roller; but at Excalibur and NY NY you have to go the Mlife booth to get your freeplay - they add it on your mlife card and show you how to use it.

3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As previously stated, you go to the M Life booth after you check-in to get your free play loaded. They will have a little card available with instructions on how to download it. For the food comp, just charge the food to your room. As far as a host, unless you are looking for an offer that is better than the marketing offer you've already gotten, I'm not sure it's worth contacting a host. Just my opinion.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said, stop by the mlife desk, they will activate the freeplay.

You just download it at any machine you play at, like pointplay.

Food - charge to room. When you checkin, CONFIRM how much you have. And if per day, keep an eye on things. They usually hold to the PER DAY vs total. Any extra can be paid for with your Express Comps.

Tips are not included.

5. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies. We are certainly not high rollers and are very happy with the offer we have so I do not think I will bother with a host.

6. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I got a call from Bellagio today saying that the offer that I got and booked is blacked out during the dates we are going. We have already purchased our flights so now we feel a little stuck.

Can a host override the black out dates? How would I get in touch with a host?

7. 777

777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just give the marketing a call, they will talk to a host for you of you don't want to, depending on how much you are worth to them, they may be able to override it for you. I don't think you wont at least get the room comped up front.

8. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marketing is the one that told me I couldn't use the offer during my dates. Not sure if a host was involved or even what my rating is.

9. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks -- I've never seen an offer pulled after it was booked. I'm sure it's legal, but it's really unusual. I'd call the hotel and see what they can do and play up the part about buying tickets already. Don't be a total jerk, but be demanding. Right now you've got nothing -- they can't make it any worse.

If that doesn't work out, it's time to see what other offers you can gin up. Would help to know what level of play you're at...you must have done something to get a bellagio offer with RFB. You can probably parlay that play at another MGM property by calling a host at the other property.

10. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can talk to a host that is the route to take. Tell him/her everything and that you already booked your flight. I'm sure they will help you out if they can, if they help you out be sure to find out their hours and stop bye to meet and greet.

11. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How can I get in touch with a host? Call the marketing and ask to talk to a host?

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure if you play slots or tables but just call the hotel number and ask to speak to a slot or table game host.They may route you to VIP or MLife but just keep insisting on a host.

13. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As stated by an earlier poster your game and level of play would be helpful to steer you in the right direction.

14. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly. If you play min limits, calling a host is not going to help you.

15. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During our last trip we stayed at another MGM property but we made our way to Bellagio for a night. I played craps at $25 table for 4hrs. Played the pass and a 2-3 numbers. Wife on a linked account played slots during that same time. She typically plays .25 machines and doesnt go over $3 a play.

We tend to play at the property we stay at so this same play would be repeated for 4 days. We also charge all our meals back to our room.

I dont know what this qualifies us as or if this is something a host would even look at.

We have offers from 4 other MGM properties that are the same as this one, but I havent called to see if they are blacked out too. We had hoped to stay at Bellagio since we never have before plus the marathon finish line is near by.

16. 777

777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You said you played heavier last trip, is this it? $25 min with 2 or 3 numbers at craps? If it is, you are probably averaging at $100-150, no? (odds don't count) How many hours per day did you gamble? Be honest with you, you probably won't be comped much other than free room, but they did give you an offer and you did book it, so call them at 18889877887 and talk to a host, explain to them you already booked the flight and everything, be prepared to compromise too, I am thinking all comped room upfront with no free play or food is what you willbe offered, is it good enough for you?

17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never, ever book flights in advance. Hotels get sold out or close to it and not always give you the offer you thought you had.

Most airlines allow 24 hours to back out of a flight.

If Bellagio can not get you in, try another one of the MGM hotels.

BOY - WAS I STUPID.
    I did not see that you had it BOOKED. My mistake. That sucks. At least they called you back.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  18. gmunole

gmunole Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to be clear I dont chase comps and I am not looking to get something for nothing. If my play doesnt qualify for the comp then why did they offer it, unless it was a mistake. The lady at VIP said the offer was good and I could use it I just couldnt use it for the dates that I booked. She did say I could have the free play offered but the food and room were blacked out.

I will call again and see if I can get a better story. We do have our reservation for a mlife room rate (not comped) and we will stay and have our play reviewed before we check out. I guess I am most caught off guard by how they handled it.

19. 777

777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's why you have to talk to a host, because the customer representatives have no power to override at all.

20. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you put in 4 hours at $25 craps playing 2 or 3 numbers besides the pass, you can definitely get a host at another MGM property to comp you a room.

Try Bellagio first, but if they can't help you come on back here and we'll help you find someone who will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.