1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just came back.Thanks to all

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Ratdoggy, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratdoggy

Ratdoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back from Vegas. We stayed at the Flamingo and we were thankful for all of the info and great people on this site.

2. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How was the Flamingo? any issues?

3. Ratdoggy

Ratdoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought it was fine. The pool was great. It was nice they have a family pool and an adult pool.
    The nice thing about the Flamingo was that the GO room was equipped with the things you expect,coffee maker,iron, fridge wall safe.
    I didn't care for the $14 dollar internet charge but we got around that by having my son at home do our airline check ins for us and just getting a paper copy at the Southwest check in.
    Another nice thing is your room isn't too far from the actual strip like it would be at Caesars (where it seemed anything was a hike from the strip)

4. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks we are also flying southwest but plan to check in on my android southwest airlines app. glad you had fun, we have a fab luxury compd but may see about upgrading

5. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

We fly Southwest, and we consider the Early Bird Check-in worth the cost. Check-in is automatic, and starts at 36 hrs before flight.

Glad you were happy with Flamingo, we are booked there for January.

6. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to hear, people slam the place but no matter what it definitely seems to be the hotel most people have countdown timers for on here, and one of the most reviewed properties in Vegas on sites like Trip Advisor and Yelp.

The location is by far the best, and the Go rooms are all one needs for their stay.

If only it had a nightlife option.. (other than slamming drinks at one of the VP bars)

7. vegasdrea

vegasdrea Buckle Bunny

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the Flamingo! I think the location is the best! I'm not much of a gambler, but my mom is and she says she has the best luck there. Better than any other property. I just love it there. I'll be back in a few days :D

8. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did early bird on the way there not yet on way back i think way back just sit in back and relax flying back on a thurs so hopefully will be fine as newlyweds

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They probably consider Margaritaville their nightlife option. I love it too. Alternate between there in a Go room & Paris.

10. Ratdoggy

Ratdoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't consider Margaritaville a nightlife option at all.

11. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or Carlos and Charlies now... both of which are not viable nightlife options :)

I like seeing that ad at Margaritaville for 2 hours of unlimited drinking for $25. Something about that just doesn't seem like a good deal at all. Plus its certain hours..

12. Ratdoggy

Ratdoggy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The adult pool is a viable daylife option. Drinks at the pool were (to me) pricey tho. Margarita and a corona for $27(at least it came in a souvenir cup)

13. VegasMarv

VegasMarv Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to Vegas for the 10th time in October and I have stayed at the Flamingo four of my trips. Yes, it is not the Bellagio but you can't beat the location. I move around quite a bit anyway to gamble and typically gamble very little where I am staying. In October I am staying at TI. I stopped there during my trip in '09 for the Barrett Jackson Car Auction and came back $5,000 richer... Hopefully the juice is still flowing.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.