1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Going October 17-20. Book flights now or wait?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by BlackjackPlayer, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackjackPlayer

BlackjackPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When would be the best time to book my flights. It seems the price changes almost weekly.

If I wait until one month before will I be ok?

What's everyone's experience as far as the most ideal time to book?

Thanks!

2. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it's hard to say because there are so many variables in this equation. If you're taking a short flight from California, the prices may be more flexible (because of the abundance of flights) compared to the east coast where there just aren't as many. Are you flexible on your dates? Are you willing to accept fluctuations? I'm going the week after you and I've already booked my tickets. I've had them booked since last month, after watching Bing's fare compare meter, and when it said "buy", I did!

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, too many variables. I am flying from San Antonio on the 17th and returning the 23rd....in JUNE it was 192.00 round trip on some sort of SWA special but not their Anniversary special....which up to this year was always around 1/2 price....so good luck and check often with carriers / kayak / etc.....

4. BlackjackPlayer

BlackjackPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying from Tulsa, OK and my dates aren't flexible.

The cheapest the tickets have been in the past month were $370 RT. Now they're $405. That's not that bad of an increase but when you're bying tickets for more than yourself things start adding up quickly.

I was wanting to stay at Planet Hollywood and the rates their went up $60 per night the past week.

I'm checking constantly everyday but I have set a deadline in my mind to have the trip booked by September 21st.

Does anyone know an ideal time to book the room?

Thanks again.

5. BlueSkadoo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey, Big, I just found your dates for $326, you might want to give that a look-see.

6. BlackjackPlayer

BlackjackPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been looking at that with American Airlines.

I just noticed it two hours ago! Been checking every day.

Thanks!

7. BlackjackPlayer

BlackjackPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked the flights for the girlfriend and I. It was going to be be $810 with Southwest but now its $431.

Flying standby between Tulsa and Dallas is always open. So I can do that each way and it will only be like $15 a person.

This is going to save me like 40% on the flights! Pretty excited to finally have the flights booked. Now I just need a hotel.

8. BlueSkadoo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For hotels, I do a lot of shopping around. I look for good promo codes since I don't really get comps. Lately, I've noticed that Tropicana has been running their sales via twitter. I saw one last week where it was 3 nights for 169, and before that 119. I've not seen those deals elsewhere and they're usually limited time offers. Other than that, I subscribe to the LVA newsletter, and "Las Vegas Hotel Deals" emails that consolidate promo codes for the low-rollers. Good luck! :beer:

9. BlackjackPlayer

BlackjackPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

I don't get any comps either as I'm a low roller too. Last time I stayed at the Flamingo and I thought it was great considering the location. I don't spend a lot of time in my room anyway.

I was wanting something middle of the strip.

10. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I signed up for TI's web promotions and was sent an introductory email with a good 55%-off offer. It was a good deal, even with the $25/per day resort fee added. Nice center Strip location too.

11. BlackjackPlayer

BlackjackPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks guys! Keep the deals coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.