1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Host Cold Call?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LaysDownAMonster, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So yesterday out of the blue a Host calls me from CET and leaves a message, telling me she will be my point of contact for anything CET related nationwide going forward. Later, she also followed up with an email with some additional information along the same lines.

I have never had a host in the past with CET. Ironically, the one thing I like about CET was the fact that their website doesn't suck, and its easy to book offers and shop around on the site for the "best" avalable comp room at multiple places on the same site under an offer (or just the rate calendar when signed in).

Is there any value to developing a relationship with this host, or is it going be exactly the same as the website, with the added hassle of of waiting for responses or is there value added?

Backgound on my play with CET: I prolly average about 700 tier credits a day, ranging from 500-1200tcs/day. I play Slots, BJ, PAI GOW Poker, CRAPS, and POKER tyically...
    In the past, I usually stayed at PH or Caesars for free 2-3 times a year, with no additional comps...

Advice welcome...:thumbsup:

2. stuntin909

stuntin909 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally prefer not using a host. Some trips I gamble all day (literally) and on some I rarely get an hour in a day. I would hate to have a host to "check" in to and track what I do.

I always get comp rooms with some free play and thats more than enough for me.

I say if you're looking for more than just a free room and free play, use the host. Otherwise you might have added "pressure" to play when you're losing or don't feel like playing in order to "please the host".

If you're a consistent player who puts a lot of $$$ through the machines, then a host might be beneficial for you. I'm on the border of where a host might be needed, but rather stay away from the "obligated" feeling to gamble.

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those calls from CET are usually more of what I would call a Sr Cust Service Rep. Yea, they are hosts, but they work the phones and help out mid level players with reservations. Not much more they can do, other than maybe a room upgrade.

Scroll down for posts over the past few weeks. You will see this come up often.

4. Naturaleight

Naturaleight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I got one of these also the other day which I thought was odd. Not really sure what they are trying to offer me as I am mostly an MGM player, giving MGM most of my action. It would take a lot on CET's part to get me to switch.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does seem like CET has set up this middle layer of national market rep, like waht nostress said. Only thing I can think of is maybe they're trying to take a little bit of load off the on-property hosts to let them focus on higher level players.

I dunno, it doesn't make all that much sense to me, seems like if they want to get more aggressive, they could target people just as easily with emails.

I got contacted by one via email and I wrote him back, told him I wrecked my ADT on my last trip and my availability calendars rates got a little worse, and did he have any leeway to get me a little better deal. His short answer was yes, but I don't have any way of knowing yet how accurate that is.

6. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As it happens, I had a phone conversation with my Caesars host this afternoon, during which he mentioned that they have reorganized their hosting approach to do exactly what you say: allow the on-property hosts more time to focus on the higher-level players, particularly those who are in town at the time.

For what it's worth, my personal experience has always been better when I've gone through a CET host ... better rooms, free play that didn't show up on the website, worthwhile advice about shows or dining. And my play does go up and down from trip to trip, with no obvious long-term negative impact on my offers (unlike with mLife, where my offers do seem to swing up and down much more drastically).

7. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that host a regional one out of Houston, or from one of the CET properties you visited recently?

The one out of Houston will let you know of the trips with air you can get to CET places. I do like this.

The ones at a property can add FB credit to your room, that you won't get booking on your own. Or better room, if no FB. They usually just do it for you without you asking.

I agree that it is easy to book my own. And I am a control freak. If I happen to book my own, I will still let them know and I have still gotten a little extra.

8. mardaho

mardaho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got a call last fall from a host at CP regarding our January trip. He informed us that we had a trip booked(at Harrahs) and he said we had an offer for free play plus rooms at CP. When we checked in we had a gorgeous room in the Octavius tower. Never saw the host but certainly appreciated him making the reservation and comfiming everything. Then we were looking at going in September so we contacted him and now we are set up in Augustus Tower with a slot tournament at the RIO and free play. It doesn't save us alot of work but I sure do appreciate it. We only go to Vegas twice a year and our probably moderate gamblers. Looking forward to our next adventure :beer:

9. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two things:

1 - When booking online, do NOT, repeat, do NOT use offer codes. Try just booking with your TR number. If a host has called you, I would guess you have enough ADT to get free rooms without offer codes.

2 - When showing the QUOTE from a previous poster, never delete the [ QUOTE ] at the beginning or the [ /QUOTE ] at the end. You can mess with anything in between. Ignore the dots . (I had to add spaces to this explanation, ignore them)

11. LaysDownAMonster

LaysDownAMonster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks nostresshere :thumbsup:

as to #1 yea I booked something without a code no problem for free a few weeks back, it's just in the past the codes seemed to bump me up a room category or two in some properties.

why do you say not to use the offer codes?

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My experience has been I do way better with a host than online or offer codes.
    When I used to stay at the Rio the online offers would be to charge me $300+ per night for an outdated Masquerade Suite.
    Phone call to a host and it was comped.
    Similar experience at Caesars.
    I switched over to all MGM properties a couple years ago so I don't know if it is still the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.