1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Resort fee? recommendations?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by sogi311, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sogi311

sogi311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sure this topic has been well covered however due to the economy and me starting my own business, I have not been able to make it to Las Vegas in 5 years.

While I am not getting rich yet, i have enough cash to make it back to Vegas for 4 days 11/18 and leaving on Thanksgiving day.

The last time I was there they were building the city center and I would love to stay there and I found a deal on here where I can stay at Aria for a total of $394 plus the resort fee which will make it close to $500

While I love to stay at nicer places, I my funds are tighter than trips past.

I am looking for some reccomendations on where to stay and wanted to know if all hotels are charging this fee now days.

I will be traveling alone and am a 40 year old single male.

I want to defintley be on the strip..

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The CET properties (Caesars, Paris, Planet Hollywood, Harrah's, Imperial Palace, Rio, Flamingo) do not charge resort fees.

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No Caesars properties charge resort fees

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think in the end, you are really asking about where to stay, at a decent price. You mix up the whole resort fee in the question.

One hotel at $90 is the same price as a hotel at $75 +$15 resort fee, right?

One might not agree with resort fee, but to do yourself justice, just consider it part of the price.

5. sogi311

sogi311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you are correct. I guess I was asking where to stay. It seems as if it might be Planet Hollywood. I have never stayed there, the location is decent and they are owned by Harrahs or Caesars

6. Reed

Reed High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The above posters are correct, CET properties do not charge resort fees, but do keep in mind the total cost. Just by plugging in 11/18-11/22 in CET's website, the cheapest room at Caesars Palace (which would be the closest equivalent to Aria) is $445 for a Roman Tower room. It becomes more expensive once you step up to even a Palace tower room at around $540.00 for that timeframe - and the Augustus and Octavius towers (which rooms would be more on the level with Aria) are still higher yet.

Under $500.00 for a room at Aria seems like a great bargain if you want a very nice room. If you don't mind stepping down in overall quality just a bit, I would consider Mandalay Bay, Mirage, Planet Hollywood, or Paris. They should save you a little more coin, but still be a step above in overall room quality than the mid level places like NYNY, Harrah's, etc.

7. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    although Aria is nice...$500 is steep in my book.

why not stay at the remodeled rooms over at the Flamingo ??? or find a nice stay at Planet Hollywood?? for a discount..

8. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay at Planet Hollywood. You're 40, single, and male. Location is perfect, get a TY Card as soon as you get there, no resort fees, and since you mentioned Aria as a possibility.......upgrade to an even better room with Planet Hollywood.

9. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not mix it up? Stay at a more affordable resort for the main duration of your stay
    then book at least one night at Aria in order to check it out and for the bragging rights.

10. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I say do the math. I often find that comparable CET hotels are more expensive once you add everything together. Also, do you use amenities like the gym or internet? If so, the resort fee can actually be useful.

11. Dewey089

Dewey089 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget this resort fee tool so when you are shopping, you can check to see if there is a resort fee that hides itself from the advertisements or discounted quoted rates. You don't want a $28 surprise on checkout day, and it is hard to "do the math" if you don't have the numbers.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=441981

12. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why don't you try entering your dates on this site:

www.i4vegas.com

They list every deal and promotion.
    You can search by star rating, location, price, value, or any combination.
    Resort fees are prominently displayed.
    You can look into every detail of your quote.

I use this site almost exclusively, now, and haven't seen many deals offered by calling the hotel directly to be a whole lot cheaper.

13. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you plan to make use of the internet or a frig then I wouldn't worry about the Resort Fee as it will more than pay for itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.