1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Change from Rio to Flamingo?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by djegators, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently booked for Rio in January for a convention, as we accompany a few friends to SHOT show. However, I am considering a switch to Flamingo for a few reasons, the biggest being that one of the guys is mobility limited, and I am thinking it would be easier to get around Flamingo than Rio. I also think it might be better for the newbies to be on the strip, and we can save a few bucks as well.

Thoughts?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure why/how Flamingo would be more "mobile friendly" than Rio??

Good part with Flamingo is you are so close to other hotels and places. That is great. Bad part is you have to drive or take shuttle back and forth to RIO. Also means if you want to take an hour break from the SHOT..

STOP THE PRESSES. I decide to look up to see what the SHOT show is. Turns out it is at the Sands (Venetian/Palazzo). I would book either the V/P or Harrahs to be close. Flamingo a bit further down, but not terrible.

For sure, I would not book RIO.

3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing you're comped at some CET properties which is why it's Rio or Flamingo.
    So Harrahs is the closest to your convention.For years I stayed at the Rio before CET trashed it but I would always stay on the strip with Newbies.
    Your chances of getting a real dumpy room at the Flamingo are good so between the 2, I would go with Harrahs.

4. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Yes, SHOT is at Sands...the reason Rio is fine, in fact anywhere is pretty much fine, is we will need to drive to the show anyways. The reason I say Flamingo, is it seems like it is smaller as far as getting around inside, i.e. from lobby to elevator, from elevator to dining, whereas Rio is a very large layout. I would gladly choose V/P if I could get into the same price range, and I selfishly forego Harrah's as we stayed there last summer, and my gf is down with something new.

5. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Some nice rates thru Total Rewards, and my gf and I stayed at Harrah's last summer, and she wants to try something new. Our friends won't be requiring the fanciest of resorts, and their budget is somewhat limited.

6. john39

john39 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice thing if your staying at Flamingo you can take the monorail I believe that is ada compliant

7. Motorhead168

Motorhead168 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stay at the Flamingo.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why drive? Lots of time and hassle. If you want to leave for a few hours to go to room, forget it.

If you stay at Harrahs, you would not drive.

If you stay at Flamingo, I probably would not drive.

If you stayed at Mirage, I would probably not drive.

If you stayed at V/P, I would not drive.

Skip the whole car pain in the .....

9. djegators

djegators Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

The driving is due to the mobility issues of our one friend. There is no way he would be able to walk to the show. I am now leaning more towards Flamingo, so even if we don't ride with them, we can easily walk to the show.

10. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go for it...

Rio is a bit off the strip and The flamingo is right in the middle of everything...

you want cheap, lively, shorts wearing fun ? lol theres bills all the way to harrahs.

you want fancy dressed to the nines action ??? head a bit over to the venetian or palazzo and i havent even crossed the street to ceasers

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.