1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Laid back drunken 21st birthday

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Ike, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

So a group of us (7) are going to Vegas next week, and my girlfriend and her friend are bringing her younger sister for her 21st birthday. I'm over 30 now, and haven't been to a club in Vegas in years, and don't really have any desire to visit one any time soon. I'm looking for an easy to get into but fun place for them to celebrate her 21st birthday.

I don't think they want an all out night club like Marquee or Tao, but somewhere where there's lots of binge drinking going on, lots of people hanging out having fun and possibly a place to dance. It should also be easy for a group of 3 guys and 4 girls to walk in and get plastered. Any recommendations?

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnival Court at Harrah's

3. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Voodoo Lounge at Rio
    Eyecandy at Mandalay
    Rhumbar at Mirage

4. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Might try the new Centra at Luxor.

5. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

Good suggestions. For you guys that have been to these places, would a 21 year old have fun there? In other words, is there a good mix of ages running around or is mainly 30 somethings like myself?

6. Coolcanuck79

Coolcanuck79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LAX at Luxor is a middle tier club that is not too expensive and you shouldn't have too much trouble getting in on a Fri or Sat. Still a busy place and not too pretentious.

7. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a good mix.

Most of these places would be very easy for you to scout out as well. Carnival Court is outside, so just walk by it, and eyecandy would be my second choice which is in the middle of Mandalay Bay. Hopefully you have a night or 2 before her 21st, but even if not, I think you all would have a great time at any of them.

It was mentioned above as well. Luxor middle bar would be a nice spot as well.

8. Magician

Magician Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moon at palms would be what your looking for, a great place, a great view, a good mix of people, a good younger crowd. After that I would recommend Tryst

9. BrendanMc

BrendanMc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not much of a club goer, but I liked Rok at NYNY the most out of the few clubs I've been to. LAX is a good one too.

10. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Pretty sure Rok went bye bye months ago. In its stead is yet another low tier venue for unknown bands

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second LAX, that will be her age crowd, it is a club, but it's small, and not the most popular one at the moment. Or I've had fun at places like Nine fine Irish Man, Minus 5.. places that aren't nightclubs (I don't really enjoy them either)

If you want it more laid back try something like Ghostbar or Mix maybe? or Blush at the Wynn. Just find some lounges instead.

12. BrendanMc

BrendanMc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. That shows how long it's been since I've been to NYNY.

13. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carnival Court

The easiest to get into as there is NO COVER.

Vanilla Ice just played at Carnival Court. There are two trip reports about it.

All the other clubs are just about the same. Lines to get into. Cover charges. Loud music. Lots of people knocking into you to spill your drink.

14. datank50

datank50 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always make a trip to blondies and have a great time. Its a bar in the Planet Hollywood mall. When we were last out there they had a $20 wristband that included a beer pong tournament and bud light drafts. We made friends with the bartender and bought him some shots and he defiantly took care of my tab and there was even a discount on there. Every trip I take I now make a stop in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.