1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Absinthe Tickets

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by HuskerBB, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for information on the best way to buy Absinthe tickets.

First do they have a separate box office or do you go to the box office inside Caesars. Can I use TR points to pay for them if I buy them at the box office?

I also have a couple of $20 off that we picked up our last trip and did not use. I think they still hand these out and the ones I have don't have any expiration date. Can I use those to get tickets at the box office? Will probably be in Vegas a couple days before we go to Absinthe - should I get tickets earlier or do I have to wait until the day of the show to use that discount card?

2. kevgret

kevgret Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to know this as well. I'll be in vegas October 20-27 and plan on seeing Absinthe. I've seen deals on the net but after you add in the fees you're only saving a couple of bucks.

I've seen people mention a $20 coupon gets handed out in the mornings in front of the show so maybe thats the best chance to get a decent discount.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there recently they still had a small box office right by the tent outside. And, they'd give you the $20 discount too (but not on VIP tickets). Locals and Seasonal Cardholders also get $20 off with ID. The only place I don't see the discount is if you buy in advance online.

As always, call if you're worried about it to check.

'Bout time for me to go again!

Bill

4. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can one expect that they have tickets available on the day of the show? I'm going the 14th of September if that matters.

5. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best of Vegas has a special now that they describe as $35 off. You end up with the reserved seats for about $80 with the fees included. Obviously seems better than $20 off the face value if that is what you get from the box office. Anyone know what price is available at tix4tonite?

I am thinking about ordering ahead anyway as the normal Tuesday night performances are off when we are there so we really only have one night when it works for us to go to Absinthe.

6. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Shouldn't be a problem.

7. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last Sunday afternoon I bought them outside the tent for Tuesday. I think they were also available for the Sunday show.

8. LMan

LMan Guest

When I was there in May they were available at Tix4less however I cant remeber how much they were

9. DallasDublt

DallasDublt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to see the show in Oct. Can anyone tell me what time the box office next to the tent opens?

10. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went back and checked the site - you're right. A good deal. I also noticed Vegas.com now has the $20 discount online too.

Since, for all practical purposes the show now apparently has a standard minimum $20 discount, maybe they'll soon lower the price for locals.

Bill

11. seano

seano Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We bought them at Tix4tonight when we were there in May. I think they were in the $75 range.

12. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it's noon.

By the way, I just bought a ticket last Monday for a show on Tuesday at Tix4Tonight - it cost $65 even ($63 with a $2 off coupon) for general admission, almost certainly the cheapest way to get tickets.

13. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just bought through best of vegas with the $35 off coupon. Worked out to 78 each after taxes and fees. It says I have reserved seats in the 4th row. So for the extra $10 per ticket, its seems worth it to book now and not worry about what will be available the day of.

14. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

What's the deal on the 'new' reserved seating program?
    Are they actually assiging a seat numbers or are there just
    certain sections reserved in the first come/first serve showroom?
    THANKS!

15. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're actually assigned a specific seat (row letter + seat number).

16. GREGRIO

GREGRIO VIP Whale

THANKS 'Boogaloo'...do you know if that even applies
    to the upper area in the back with all the goofy seating?
    That's where I've alway sat...don't like to be part of the
    Show when high wire or balancing routines fall...know what
    I mean, lol.

17. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I'm not a 100% sure about that, I would have to make an educated guess and say, 'yes.'

They're currently listed in the 'General Admission' colors in the latest official seating chart, and have official numbers and letters, so it would make sense for it to be that way:

http://www.absinthevegas.com/PDFs/ABSINTHE%20SEATING%20APRIL%2024%20ONWARD.pdf

18. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had assigned seating in general admission and was not in danger of the acts falling on me. But I was hoping the balloon girl would fall on me.

19. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are planning to go to Absinthe with a group of six during our upcoming trip. I'm pouring over the various sites to find best pricing. So far, I've found a good price on galavantier.com but I've never used them before so I'm planning to call to get more specifics on their fine print. We want to select seats in advance so that might limit our options as discounters go.

GREGRIO (and anyone else), you mention that you typically sit in the back portion of the theater. Have you sat at one of the back tables? We've been to the show once, shortly after it opened, and we sat a few rows back from the stage which was fine but, as I recall, the theater is small enough that even the seats farthest away likely still have a great view. Am I remembering this accurately?

20. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tix4Tonight has same night Absinthe tickets, but not that many of them (they sold out just before I got to the front of the line when I was there). That's the best discount I've found.

Failing that, you get a $20 off coupon if you're staying at Caesars, and I believe handed out elsewhere.

Yes, you can buy from the Caesars box office. Haven't tried using reward credits but I don't see why not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.