1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo/Marriott

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by HuskerBB, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was thinking of staying at the Cosmo our upcoming trip and have enough Marriott points to cover 2 nights so thought I would see if I could get a decent rate for the other two. After looking off and on for several weeks I finally was able to use the Look No Further guarantee offerred by Marriott to get a rate that I can at least tolerate.

After getting that confirmed I went in to book the other two nights using points and the Marriott website would not show the Cosmo as an option for my dates for either cash or points. Checked any surrounding dates and can't get reservations on the Marriott site for any dates around that time. Have tried for a couple days now. Looked at the Cosmo site and a couple others and all of them show rooms available. The site I used was still showing a cheaper rate.

Anyone else had this happen before?
    Wondering if Marriott shut down the ability to book the Cosmo through its website so that people could not book a room and then use this other site to take advantage of the LNF guarantee and get a 25% discount? Hope that doesn't last long because the only way I can use my points to cover those other 2 nights is by booking through Marriott.

Curious if anyone has seen this happen after people were able to take advantage of the LNF deal through Marriott?

2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the Marriott site frequently but have never used the LNF guarantee.
    Keep in mind Cosmo is not a Marriott property.It is not even managed by Marriott.
    They pay a premium to use their reservation network.
    I would not be surprised if Marriott was trying to get out of the business deal as the hotel side of Cosmo has service levels that would make the Marriott family sick.

3. daywalker

daywalker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you let me have your dates I'll have a look myself.
    I wouldn't mind knowing which site you are using to get the LNF rate either:D

4. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My dates are the first weekend of October but don't think that matters. I have tried several different dates all through the rest of 2012 and even into January and Cosmo doesn't come up as an option on the Marriott site. I assume/hope that is just temporary.

FWIW the site I found the lower rate on was clever-hotels.com. Won't work, however, unless you can first get a reservation booked on the Marriott site.

5. daywalker

daywalker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info on the other site.

I did a search on Las Vegas for dates and you're right, it doesn't show.
    I then went to an advanced search. Searched on the the cosmo itself first. I found it and then punched the dates in and it gives me rates.

6. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What dates did you use?

I tried the same thing and it would not give me a rate even for cash for any October dates. I put in that my dates were flexible and then it kicks in a calendar and that calendar showed rates up through 9/27/12 but nothing after that for any month (through 4/13 anyway).

Maybe they just stopped letting you book rates at the Cosmo through the Marriott website more than a month or two in advance?

7. daywalker

daywalker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried the first Thursday - Sunday in October.
    I also put my own mid September dates back in and they came up too.

I had to search on the cosmo specifically on the advanced search each time though. When I booked it last month it just came up in the general search.

8. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried it a little different this time through the advanced search and got it to give me my dates using points. Thanks for your suggestion. I now have our stay covered with 2 nights at a high but tolerable rate and 2 nights with points. Now I just hope I can get my Terrace Studio reservation assigned to a fountain view room :cheers:

9. Pinny Long

Pinny Long VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I'm not familiar with the LNF stuff, but the hotel always comes up as an option for my "Redeem points" for a reservation. I've yet to redeem this, though, as it is usually about 70,000 points per night, and I can just book the room directly with Cosmo (if it's mid-week) for about $220 or so (I can use the 70,000 points and stay for a week at a Springhill Suites or something).

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.