1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

renting a wheelchair and/or a scooter

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bukaty123, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bukaty123

bukaty123 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can anyone give me information about how and where to "call" to rent a chair or a scooter? Can this be done through the hotel i'll be staying at? Or is their an information center this would be done at? Can anyone give me a phone # ? Or would it be best to call the hotel directly? Thank you, inadvance or any information I can get to rent one for my trip in the fall.:confused2:

2. FLACookieman

FLACookieman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are several companies that deliver rental wheelchairs to your condo or hotel in LV.

I've only dealt with one - Las Vegas Scooters (Toll Free Number: 1-866-775-4381). I had two relatives in town who needed wheelchairs (one was elderly the other was on crutches but could not do the large treks on The Strip). The hotel staff will handle the transfer for you. I never saw the wheelchair company staff because they dropped off the wheelchairs to the desk and that's where I left them for pickup as well. The whole process was easy.

One thing I appreciated was the larger cab companies have wheelchair capable minivans. If there's a long line of waiting cabs the valets will find which ones are right for you. And, they can always dispatch you a wheelchair capable cab too.

Bill

4. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the major hotels have wheelchairs available.I think they all have scooters available for rental also.
    We were very concerned as my wife had a broken leg and we traveled a week after her surgery.
    We stayed at Aria over New Years and used a wheelchair(no charge) and rented a scooter.
    I called ahead to reserve and they said no need to reserve as they had plenty.
    We stayed at Harrahs the first night of the trip as we arrived late and they also had both.They charged for the wheelchair although not much.

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point. Where I was staying wheelchairs were not available. It's different at the major hotels.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.