1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mon Ami Gabi for dinner

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by habs0nut, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there for breakfast on my last trip out on the patio and enjoyed it. Was looking at doing dinner this time. My question is how easy is it to get on the patio for dinner? There's only the two on us and we're looking to do it on a Friday night. I've gone ahead and made a reservation for 5:30 thinking that might be ahead of the crowd and we might luck out. Only problem is the fountain shows are only every 30 minutes at that time.

Solo
  2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time I was there at peak hours the hostess said they were not taking reservations for the patio. So, I asked how one gets a patio seat and she said that if there's an opening when you are called - you can select that option. So, wifey and I got a reservation and, when we went in, asked to sit on the patio and were accommodated. However, we also heard another hostess telling people they could make patio reservations. Maybe it depends on the hostess and other factors going on.

What we've also done a few times is to get seated at the bar right inside the patio and then have drinks while waiting for a patio opening.

Bill

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An additonal thought: It could be pretty darned warm on that patio at 5:30 p.m. this time of year.

Bill

4. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made the reservation online through OpenTable and it clearly states a few times that there are no reservations for the patio. I've gone ahead and made the reservation hoping there will be a spot open on the patio.

No need to worry about the heat, going first weekend in the October. Me being the compulsive planner is starting to worry about a few things even though I'm still 60 days out.

Solo
  5. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the only time we've eaten there was on a sunday around 8pm in june. i had made reservations on open table as well (it also stated you can't reserve patio) for 7:30. we got there around 7pm and asked if there was patio seating. there wasn't at the moment, but the hostess asked if we would prefer that. i said yes, so we just canceled our reservation and took a pager for the patio. i believe we waited about 45 minutes or so. we watched so many fountain shows while we ate, and it was perfect weather. it really is one of my favorite experiences in vegas.

and as another poster mentioned, 5:30 will still be decently hot in october but not overbearing.

6. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI...It's usually still in the mid 90's the first week of October.

7. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand the concerns about the heat but that's the day we fly in (arrive at 10am) and the average temps here at that time will be about 60 Fahrenheit so we might welcome a little heat but with that being said maybe later would be better. My only concern with doing it later was not getting a spot on the patio seeing it's a Friday night of a long weekend.

Solo
  8. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    High 80's .... I would say 88 is a good high for October.

Nick:beer:

9. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at the Almanac the last 3 years it really was a mixed bag for that first week. Some days were 96 and some were 70....in the same few day span.

10. socalvegasfan

socalvegasfan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? I was just there recently and tried to request the patio when making the reservation and they flat out told me no they did not reserve the patio. They said it's first come first serve. :(

Been curious to sit in patio forever. One of these days.

11. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never had to wait too long for an outside table, so I wouldn't worry.

Do people really eat dinner at 5:30pm?

12. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

HMMM. I guess it would be like the working man's high tea?

13. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I've been flying all day and my time zone is off, I eat when I'm hungry........

14. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does the good old CET Diamond card get next available table on the patio or is it strictly 'first come, first served'?

15. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or just when those who are past their prime need to eat so they can be under the covers by 8.

16. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    slip $40 to the

Hostess and u can be the next to be seated. Remember this is Vegas! I

17. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then they wouldn't be in LV. You must be confused and have LV mixed up with FL and the famous early bird specials for the elderly.

18. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to get sidetracked here but what time do you guys all eat dinner at? The reason I was thinking 5:30 was to beat the dinner crowd and get on the patio. I went and changed it to 6:30. If we have to wait, we wait. I'm sure we'll have a good size lunch after we land and besides I want to make sure we get to enjoy the fountains more.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
    Solo
  19. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are not affiliated with Caesars so it does not work, also why you cannot pay with reward credits

20. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, not confused - now move on.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.