1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Poor Andy Reid.

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Joe, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BETHLEHEM, Pa. -- Garrett Reid, the oldest son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid, was found dead Sunday morning in his room at the club's training camp at Lehigh University. He was 29.

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:8235920&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8235884/andy-reid-oldest-son-garrett-reid-found-dead-philadelphia-eagles-camp

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont think one ever recovers from the loss of a child. Wishing the family comfort...........

3. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if it was well known nationally, but here in Philly it was a huge ongoing local story circa 2007-2009 that two of Andy's sons - Garrett & Britt - had serious drug problems & numerous run-ins with the law. They were both supposedly clean since then, but sadly I'd imagine this was probably the result of either a relapse or just the toll years of drug abuse had taken on his system.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a NFL fan back here in the Midwest and was totally aware of it. Sad, I thought they got cleaned up. He was now an assistant coach with the team, I didn't know that.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The past "issues" were reported and I agree, death at 29 is most likely related. No one should have to bury they child. How awful for his family...

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didnt know he had made a turn around and was now involved with the program. Funny how things like that dont get the near the media run as the bad stuff.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, good news doesn't sell. My condolences to the family, the thought of burying a child is inconceivable. This young man has had his share of troubles, in 2007 he tried to smuggle 83 pills when returning to county prison. Garrett and his older brother Brit liked the local celebrity of being the coaches son and it lead them down the wrong path. I believe Andy should resign and focus on his family.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/165092656.html?c=r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.