1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in really late or early question?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by 702Square, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 702Square

702Square Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It looks like we will arrive to Las Vegas around 5ish in the AM, my question is will hotels let me check in early for Sunday or will they still make me pay for saturday night (yeah right lol) for the few hours until sunday check in? Obviously we would just wait out the few hours till Sunday check in but was wondering how this worked or if anyones had a similar situation, thanks.

2. 702Square

702Square Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to mention that we havent booked a hotel yet due to this so we're sort of winging it in hopes that somewhere will let us check in early for sunday

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You dont have to check in right away.

Drop your luggage at the bell desk and proceed on with the drinking and having fun. Then check in later that day.

Obviously sleep on the plane.

4. 702Square

702Square Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks eddie that was the plan IF we couldnt check in somewhere early, but we would prefer to know of anywhere that would allow us to check in early for sunday.

5. m1k2s3

m1k2s3 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm not mistaken, check in is from 3 pm to 3 am in most Vegas hotels. But I would call and ask that question when you book. Either that or call a travel agent and ask - they should be able to find out for you.

6. 702Square

702Square Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah most hotels thats what their policy is but in the 8 or 9 times ive been to Vegas theyve always let us check in early usually around 11 - noonish. I was hoping someone on here has had this situation come up before but i might have to start calling hotels

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The standard policy at almost all LV hotels is 3pm. That being said, we have checked in as early as 10 AM because there was a room available and it had already been cleaned.

5 AM would be iffy, since housekeeping doesn't start until around 7 AM, but if the hotel isn't full and they don't need to clean a room for you, they might do it.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, if they say no, just drop your bags with the bell desk and go have a few bloody marys. Some places will call your cell phone when the room is available.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would need to call the hotel but it can be arranged to check in that late. I am sure many could accommodate you. But you do need to speak to a human. The hotels start releasing rooms from reservations as early as midnight and your room could be given away.

9. 702Square

702Square Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks joe, any reccomendations? I was thinking this sort of thing may fly or they may be more leanient on one of the hotels downtown.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3pm is policy. Not reality. And, if you call, they will quote the 3pm rule as well. Unless..... this is one of those hotels that have been trying to offer an early checkin for $20 or some figure. Even then, it would be more like 10am.

Now, to the OP - you could book Sat night and have a room when you get there. Getting a room early on Sunday would be one of the more difficult days. Reason? Saturday night is busy, therefore less chance they have rooms that are empty and clean.

Still, I have checked into hotels as early as 7am, and often in late morning. I have also arrived at noon and no room until 5pm, or later.

Booking that Sat night room would probably be expensive as Fri/Sat are usually much busier, so they can get more for the rooms.

11. 702Square

702Square Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think some of you might be missing the overall point here, im a cheap ass and would like to avoid paying Sat. night fees lol. I mean it seems pretty pointless anyways to buy a room for sat. night just for the few hours we would be there anyway before sunday check in started.

12. jburp

jburp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I read that the MGM Signature has early check in around 9 or 10 for an extra $20.00

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know, all the downtown places have the same 3 PM check-in policy, but as nostresshere said, that's not necessarily reality when you arrive.

14. luvlv

luvlv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the point is that unless you book Saturday night, you are not guaranteed anything and since Saturday is a busy night, your odds of getting an early room on Sunday are very bad.

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you call now they will give the standard speech about check-in hours.

The only way to tell is to check when you arrive. If a room is available I am sure they will give it to you, but since the main cleaning crew doesn't arrive until afterward the chances are slim.

16. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you show up at 5am they will charge you for the Saturday stay. Drop your bags and wait until 11am to see if you can get in. Even 11 on Sunday is tough due to room change overs, but absolutely worth the try.

Good luck with it.
    Beth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.