1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do Strip hotel prices fluctuate?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Lewi, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lewi

Lewi Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here in the UK, prices for pre-booking hotels can alter day to day.

From experience I've sometimes known hotels to be cheaper when booked long in advance as opposed to a week or two before the trip. Also I've seen it where getting a room on the day can be the least expensive option.

Do any of you charming folks know if it'd be better to book a room for October sooner or later or would that have no bearing?

Gracias in advance for any info x

2. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Of course they fluctuate, all hotels do. It wouldn't benefit them to have one standard price for the whole year. However, I am unsure about the room in October question. What I would do is decide on a price threshold, and when you see it go to that price just book it. While it may go lower after that, you also run the risk of it shooting up in price. In the end, its a gamble.

3. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They do fluctuate.

Take a look at the hotels rate calendar.

I usually wait until about a month out to book my rooms. After that point they are basically as low as they get.

Being from the Uk obviously you want to plan ahead so i would suggest booking something you like through the hotel. Then about a month out keep an eye on the rates, if they gone down and chances are they will have, then call them back and they will honor the new rate.

if you book through a third party this is not an option.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a WIDE range of prices in Vegas. Check the monthly calendar and you can find an easy $100 a night variance in one day. Supply and demand.

Then, those prices move around. Sometimes booking in advance will get a good rate. Sometimes booking late will get a good rate. All tied to supply and demand.

Rates on one room for a certain date can change within minutes as they make adjustments.

5. Aero

Aero Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time out of the house? Of course they fluctuate due to tons of different reasons. (conventions, holidays, events, etc)

6. Lewi

Lewi Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the helpful replies, apologies if it seemed like too obvious a question, I wasn't sure.

7. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would book now. Look for better rates. If a better rate is found cancel old reservation. Book at new rate.

8. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    X2..........BUT ONLY IF YOU BOOK DIRECT with the hotel....don't use Expedia or others as they don't allow you to cancel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.