1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Great Deal on Premium Car for October 6-12 at Dollar / Thrifty

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Aceman55, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aceman55

Aceman55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked a premium car for October 6-12 through Dollar on 8-1-12. Grand total with Taxes 186.00 (106 weekly rate) for a week with a premium car. Great deal if you are going to be in Vegas during this time. Thrifty also has the same deal going on right now.

2. mtusc09

mtusc09 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a great deal. Do you need a Promo code or anything?

-Tusc

3. Aceman55

Aceman55 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I booked directly through dollar. This is the going rate for that week. All other vehicles were almost 50 to 100 dollars higher even for a compact.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same deal I got for my trip next week. It's really odd, they have everything else at the regular price but the Premium's are super cheap... You can actually knock it down by a few bucks with some of the 10% off coupons that are on sites like AutoSlash.

5. Jepockn

Jepockn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mid size suv's are also going for dirt cheap. I wish I didn't use priceline for my trip coming up or else I would cancel that and go with dollar.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to be in vegas around your time. I was checking kayak and also found that special. The special was for a premium car like the grand maquis or something. Dollar and thrifty had (still have it today) the special. I guess they aren't having much luck renting out the premium cars and so drop the prices to move them out. I thought about renting the car but I didn't want to drive a big car around vegas, I rather zip around in a smaller car.

I used the costco travel site and got an intermediate car for $160 at budget for the same period. That special was a few days ago and is gone now but I usually check kayak and the costco sites regularly since the rates usually drop every so often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.