1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Affordable good suites for a surprise party on the strip

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mrnschnyd, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrnschnyd

mrnschnyd Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I/m planning my husbands 40th bday party in vegas with about 20-25 people want to do a suite party any suggestions on hotels and suites??

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    new Skyline Terrace Suite at MGM is sweet for a party and much more affordable than other options.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really depends on what you are looking for, but I would suggest finding a place that does not require key access on the elevator to reach the suites. If you're expecting a crowd, you don't want to spend all night going up and down the elevator to retrieve people. So you may want to look for an older place like the Riv

I Need Spa
  4. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    25 people in one suite thats affordable aka cheap.

Think this through. This is not a tv show, this is real life.

I dont want you to be let down.

5. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20-25 is a pretty large group for most suites.
    Try the Mirage.Their tower/penthouse suites have a bar and large living room.
    They often run on the affordable side.I think they also have a suite designed for entertaining.I can't remember the name but you can find it in their website.
    The Maquerade Suites at The Rio can also squeeze in that size with no key access.

6. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd opt for something with a Terrace. Either MGM as suggested above, or Cosmo. We're having our wedding reception in my sister's room @ Cosmo in a Wraparound Suite. I'm SURE it will be cramped, but at least people can mingle on the terrace to lessen the crowding.

7. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i don't think she's talking about 20-25 people staying in one suite. she's talking about throwing a party for that many people. the terrace suite would be plenty big for that many people. the Skyloft would be better, but that's not really affordable. last time i was there they had max party sizes posted. 2BR was like 30 people, 3BR was 50 and the 2BR Terrace was like 100 people. those things are huge. the non-Skyloft terraces are smaller, but still 20-25 is no problem at all.

8. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if your looking for affordable i urge you to check out Royal Resort 2 room suites....

Very Simple room . 1 side houses a bathroom and living room with 2 very comfy couches 42inch tv, the other side has a fridge, coffe pot, microwave, bathroom, bed(s), and a 2nd 42inch tv.

Very Spacious and i would also suggest you ask the staff how much to rent the pool out ... everytime i go it seems someone has a private party in the pool ...

9. rob889

rob889 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the Platinum Hotel (behind Bally's by Ellis Island). Depending on how much time you want to spend in the room it might be worth it. Balcony, 2 bedrooms, big bathrooms, full kitchen, etc.

http://www.theplatinumhotel.com/Guest-suites/

If you want to go all out and spend some good time in the room it would be a piece of cake to serve up some snacks and drinks on a budget....the full size fridge/freezer comes in handy. Rooms were very nice when I was there a few years ago for a bachelor party.

If you only want to do a quick gathering or multiple gatherings it probably wouldn't be the best choice.

10. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

This new room looks really nice.
    Did they get rid of the terrace spa suites and replace them with these new suites? They look just like the old terrace spa suites but much nicer/newer.
    Any idea what the average rate is for these? It does not show the rates for this room on the MGM site. Over $500 per night?

More on topic.. might want to also look into The Mirage Penthouse Suite. Hotel 32 (top floor of Monte Carlo) Penthouse suite (has a pool table and 4 huge TV's in the living room!) and THEHotel H Suite.
    I dont know the rates for the MGM terrace but I would guess that these other 3 suggestions will cost less.

11. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, they just remodeled and renamed the old terrace suites. they indeed look very nice and my host says the Skylofts actually runs them, so they have all the upgraded amenities. but i don't think you get a butler. and they don't list them on the website, but he says they actually added a second bedroom downstairs in some of them, which is pretty sweet. i think before the rack rate was around $700/night, but not sure anymore. and of course the price is going to fluctuate all the time based on demand.

12. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. shifter

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, with all the stupid things MGM has done lately, i've gotta hand it to them, they really got this one right. the remodeled Marquee and Terrace suites are spot on and very nice. the Skylofts obviously still trump them, but i'd say the Terrace is just a small notch behind. the only thing they didn't do is add a steamshower. :( otherwise they would be one of the top accommodations in the entire city.

14. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You left out a huge piece of information that makes answering impossible. Budget.

The word "affordable" has about 324,409,211,456 means the last time I checked. :)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.