1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Avoid Payless At all costs !!!!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by JackH, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackH

JackH Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't be tricked by supposedly lower prices>>> You must endure a wait of 50..60 minutes just to see a counter rep. Booking early and providing all kinds of info, joining the perks club is just a waste of time as there is no way to avoid the counter rep. Counter rep then HARD sells insurance, Gas and just about everything in the universe. This adds another 15-20 of time. Then after all is said and done, you go downstairs to pick up your car, only to be told "it is on the way ". Car arrives 10 minutes later in poor condition, dirty and old. No wanting to start all over we drive off (1 hour and 13 minutes later).
    Our previous car rental experiences in Vegas >> Go downstairs >>show club ID and Paper work>> Pick out your car>> drive away (10 minutes+ car of your choice)

2. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another reason I always book with Alamo.:beer:

Sema Show
  3. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And Dollar if you are an Express member.

4. JerryVO

JerryVO Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love my Dollar express. Off the plane straight to he car. No stopping to wait in line.

5. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Avis has the same thing at most airports.

I like it as well.

[​IMG]

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every so often, we see a post like this about Payless, followed by a few from folks who love Payless...

Personally, I stay away from the "bargain" (cut-rate) brands of all types, "you get what you pay for" almost always rings true.

7. nitc

nitc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you had a bad experience. We've rented from Payless a few times in LV and have not had any experience even remotely close to yours. The times we've used them, we've walked straight up to the counter or had to wait for one or two people to finish up, not been force fed a hard sell for anything and have been ok with the vehicle they've given us.

No, I don't work for them...neither does Hunny. And I'm not a Payless cheerleader, by any stretch...I've also rented from other companies in LV too and have had good experiences with all of them. Just giving my 2 cents on the matter.

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's who I worked for, almost 10 years. Avis Preferred is their loyalty program name. Works great.

9. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hear, hear! LOOOOOVE Dollar!

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same experience with them a few years back. Never EVER again with them.

11. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same experience with PAYLESS...WAIT MORE in Vegas.......but then Cousineddie said I make it all up....:rolleyes2: .....I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to see how bad PAYLESS...WAIT MORE is....

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.